Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SoApple

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Quick question... There'so been a lot of buzz over the missing camera roll on iOS 8

I backed up all my data last night before upgrading to ios 8 but now all my pictures are gone and don't see anything on my iPhone icloud backup.

Would these pictures be saved on iTunes and would I be able to recover them if I restored back to 7.1?

Thanks .

nikicampos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
Quick question... There'so been a lot of buzz over the missing camera roll on iOS 8

I backed up all my data last night before upgrading to ios 8 but now all my pictures are gone and don't see anything on my iPhone icloud backup.

Would these pictures be saved on iTunes and would I be able to recover them if I restored back to 7.1?

Thanks .

This is a great example as to why "betas" are for developers only.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
This is a great example as to why "betas" are for developers only.

This is a great example of an irrelevant post that does not answer the question ;)

Yes, everyone is aware that this is a beta. And yes, everyone is going to discuss features, issues, bugs, etc., of said beta.

And what makes you think this guy is not a developer? I'm a developer, and I still installed iOS 8 beta on my daily iPhone 5s. I came across two issues that were deal breakers for me, so I reported the bugs and reverted back to iOS 7.1.1 until beta 2 comes out.

nheilweil

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Redmond, WA

Thanks .

In the "Album" tab, the "Camera Roll" folder has been replaced by "Recent Photos" which should have your photos.

If there are some photos that aren't in that folder then check your "Photos" tab which should have all your images.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.