iPod touch ios 8 public and metal

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Stefanmz7, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Stefanmz7 macrumors member

OK,so I have two questions. I upgraded to ios 8 when it came out on my ipod touch 5 and it's awesome! But is it normal(I mean for the public version) when I upgrade you know there was an option to share with app developers(so they could improve their apps) but isn't that only for the developer versions(betas) of ios? And in every app in the sharing I have the option to disable or enable some of the sharing options-for example on photos I can share on snapchat but I can disable that sharing option? I mean because I was using the betas before upgrading to public,is it possible that I have public version with additional developer features(which the non-beta users does not have)?I know it sounds crazy,but just asking.(Oh I also restored ios 8 beta to ios 7.1.2 before upgrading to public(a week before that.).

So, the second question is you know some games are optimized for metal on ios 8 and will I see these optimizations on my ipod touch 5-is metal compatible with it-I mean will I see some difference or it i only for iphone 5s or higher?

pls answer guys it will really help:).

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

No, you will not get the Metal optimizations on the Touch.

And no, there are new permissions you have to accept for apps. That is new with the official version and was not limited to the betas.

3. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Metal is for iPhone 5S or newer, iPad Air, and iPad mini retina only. Basically, it needs the A7 or higher.

I have yet to see any games that truly REQUIRE those, other than the "tech demo" Zen Garden. It would be silly for developers to lock out the vast majority of iOS devices this soon. In a couple years, sure, you'll see Metal-only games. But for now, you'll see games that work fine on older/lower-end devices, but look better on the Metal-capable devices.