Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheDeviceUser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2014
U.K
Just basing this on the history of the past two years, but I thought I'd stick my neck out and guess that iOS 8 will be released to the public on Wednesday September 17th 2014. In the past, the iPhone is announced on the Tuesday or Wednesday of the 2nd week in September, then the new iOS is released the following Wednesday, ahead of the iPhone launch on that friday.

This could mean

iPhone 6 Launch Event: Tuesday/Wednesday September 9th/10th
iOS 8 released to the public: Wednesday September 17th
iPhone 6 released: Friday September 19th.

I've only based this on past history.

iPhone 5 Event: Wednesday September 12th
iOS 6 Released: Wednesday September 19th
iPhone 6 Released: Friday September 21st.

iPhone 5S/5C Event: Tuesday September 10th.
iOS 7 Released: Wednesday September 18th.
iPhone 5S/5C Released: Friday September 20th.

What do you think? When do you expect iOS 8 to be released?

(P.S. Please, this is simply a speculation thread, so no 'having a go' for making this thread)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Sometime around the middle of September most likely.

Zinthar

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2006
My bet would be on either the 17th or the 24th, based upon prior years and the supply chain reports of the 4.7" model going into full-scale production imminently.

We might know more tomorrow during the earnings report depending on what Apple's guidance is for the quarter ending September 30. If the guidance is significantly below where Wall St expects, then it suggests that the iPhone 6 will only be on sale a few days before the end of the quarter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.