iOS 8 Safari default page

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by IBMJunkman, Sep 18, 2014.

1. IBMJunkman macrumors member

IBMJunkman

OK, how do I now have Safari NOT start with the last URL visited?

2. chabig macrumors 68040

Safari has always opened to the URL visited. I don't think you can change that behavior. Close that tab before you quit and it won't open there next time.

3. IBMJunkman thread starter macrumors member

IBMJunkman

And if I have only 1 tab open? I swear I could clear the URL and I would get the favorites screen to stick.

Also don't like the disappearing controls. I want to hit the back arrow anytime. Don't like having to start a scroll to get the nav arrows to appear. I hated this behavior in Chrome.

4. chabig macrumors 68040

I still have an iOS 7 device. When I clear the URL it does not clear the page. The only way to clear the page is to delete that tab.

5. AddisonIII macrumors regular

If you tap on the double box at the top right corner, you will see you last open screen. On it at the top left there is an x tap to close and you will end up with a list of your favorites. Hope this helps.

6. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

you can also do a two finger pinch on the center of the screen and that will show any opened tabs in a view where they can be closed with the X. Do this, and safari will start at your favorites screen.