iOS 8: screen orientation, frozen camera, wifi loss

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Frazzle, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Frazzle macrumors regular

This iOS 8 thing is beginning to feel like the worst iOS upgrade ever.

On my 5S, the screen sometimes gets stuck in a particular orientation. It will only let go if I quit the app or restart the phone.

Also, when taking a picture, viewing it and then returning to the camera, the screen is often frozen. To unfreeze it, I have to preview the pic again.

Most annoying bug so far is the wifi connection that just drops suddenly, with the phone switching back to LTE. Need to disable/enable wifi to restore functionality.

Minor annoyance is the fact that background pictures seem to be weird in many apps, showing edges that were previously invisible.

All in all, not a happy customer at the moment. Most 'advantages' of iOS8 have yet to materialize.

2. funkymonkeyboy macrumors regular

Yup there are many annoying bugs in ios8. Hopefully a software update soon will fix them.

Best wifi fix I used was simply turn off 5ghz band on router. 2.4 ghz is stable for me.

3. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

if more people spent the time they do here copy/pasting eachother's "ios 8 the worst ios ever" & the like, instead reporting bugs to apple...