iOS 8 slow music app?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by celer1ty, May 14, 2015.

1. celer1ty macrumors newbie

Ever since iOS 8 was released I'm having trouble with the stock iOS music app. The menus are slow, delays when changing tracks, album browsing lags etc. When I force quit and restart the app everything works fine. But after some hours it's back again. It feels like some sort of buffer overflow bug.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

– celerity

2. jonblatho macrumors 6502

jonblatho

There'll be an entirely new Music app here in a few weeks (see any post about the iOS 8.4 betas), so a fix is very unlikely at this point—try again when the new Music app is released alongside iOS 8.4. I haven't been experiencing any of these issues on the beta.

If you'd really like, you can dig and find some unofficial iOS 8.4 public beta installation instructions around the forums. It's pretty stable from my experience.

3. Howard Ellacott macrumors member

Howard Ellacott

Yep I get this all the time, the delays changing songs are really annoying! Force quitting is the only thing I've found that works. Hopefully the new music app will fix it!

4. JMac88 macrumors newbie

Does anyone actually know who is the main person responsible for the Redesign of the Stock Music app within IOS 8.4

Obviously this is being done due the looming Streaming Music service from Apple due to the accusation of Beats Electronics.
    I always thought different aspects of IOS had different people in charge of improving/redefining the applications with a small team behind them.

Could it be the same person who designed the Beats Music streaming application, which i personally thought was fantastic, but will be interesting to see what Apple does with that aside from the name change.

5. edenbensal macrumors regular