iOS 8 Twitter App

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by bwolve, Jan 23, 2015.

1. bwolve macrumors newbie

Whenever I go to check tweets on the twitter app, it only shows me the most recent 2-3 hours, and skips whatever was before that. The only way to see those tweets in my timeline is to delete and reinstall it. Anybody have the same problem, or any solutions?

2. dustrho macrumors newbie

dustrho

Same problem here, I just leave it be. Don't know of a solution.

3. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Tweetbot

4. Beeplance macrumors 65816

Beeplance

Tweetbot man! Spent a few dollars on it & never looked back at the official Twitter app.

5. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

6. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

Another Tweetbot endorsement. Been using it for years.

7. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

Mine goes back days, always has

Uninstall and reinstall app and sign back in--:)

8. luckystriked macrumors regular

9. xdigi macrumors member

Twitterrific > Tweetbot (and doesn't have a greedy, big-headed developer as a plus).

10. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

Another vote for Tweetbot. I tried Twitterrific but it just didn't compare.

11. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Tweetbot would be nice if notifications worked. I haven't had working Tweetbot notifications for months and the devs don't seem interested in helping me out.

Other people have them so it's something related to my account on their servers. Other twitter clients do notifications just fine!

12. titans1127, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015

titans1127 macrumors 6502a

iOS 8 Twitter App

I use tweetbot on my iPhone but twitteriffic on the iPad since tweetbot has no iPad compatibility. I don't really have preference on either though I never had an issue with the regular Twitter app either when I was using that.

13. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

Twitterrific would be great if it pulled more than 100 tweets each time.

14. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

...Tweetbot certainly works well on my iPad 2! If you have it installed on both your iPhone and iPad (like myself), it auto syncs between the the two devices so that, when you open the app on one device and read your tweets, when you then open the app on the other device, it scrolls to the first unread tweet in your timeline.

That feature alone makes it a must have app - for me at least!

:cool:

15. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

Yeah but with it being an iPhone only app there is no landscape support which how I am usually using my iPad, especially in bed.

16. lars666 macrumors 6502a

I always loved Tweetbot (even bought the quite expensive Mac version), but by now I consider it a major perkiness that they STILL haven't updated their iPad app to the fresh layout introduced with iOS 7 (!). I was patient for a long time, but I finally deleted Tweetbot from my iPad a few weeks ago just to not have to see the ancient keyboard design popping up. It's so ridiculous for such a highly regarded app, I am almost fascinated by the developer's chuzpe.

17. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

..have to completely agree with you there - the iPad version of Tweetbot, is indeed stuck on iOS6!!! If you have a different Twitter app on your iPad, isn't it a pain having to read the same tweets on both your iPhone and iPad (or do you not have both)?

18. Hawky macrumors newbie

Maybe im missunderstanding but dont you have the "load more tweets" appear when you check twitter that loads older tweets rather than most recent?

19. lars666 macrumors 6502a

I changed to Twitterrific on both, iPhone and iPad, and keep using Tweetbot on my Mac. The option to have the streams synchronized on my device isn't that important to me - however, I love watching some TV shows together with Twitter open as the second screen and Twitterrific automatically scrolls the new incoming tweets in real time, a feature that I missed on Tweetbot anyway. To cut a long story short, I always thought Tweetbot is the #1 for me, but not updating the iPad app cosmetically to iOS 7/8 for two freaking years or so eventually drove me into the arms of the competition. I waited really, really, REALLY patient for such an update, but this is simply ridiculous.

20. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Came back here too pretty much say the same thing. I stopped using tweetbot mainly because of the slow development of the iPad app and infrequent updated iPhone app. They are so similar that the changeover was easy. I find tweetbots background to be less dark and fonts easier to read however. Kinda miss it but love the universal app and the landscape orientation. Only thing I can gripe about is how everything in tweetbot opens to the right, allowing you to swipe back from almost any screen. Twitteriffic makes you have to tap the close button all the way in the upper right corner. But overall, I'm liking it. It's replaced tweetbot as my daily driver Twitter app.