iOS 8 upgrade or stay on 7

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by vjicecool, Sep 17, 2014.

1. vjicecool macrumors 6502

hey folks
    i have iphone 5s running 7.0.4, i haven't updated to any other version after that
    i was wondering how would be the speed and performance if i upgrade to 8.0
    your opinions pls

2. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

upgrade. my iphone 5 does fine on it, the 5s is a large bump over the 5 with processing power. says it all

3. Mabus51 macrumors 6502a

the 5s seems to have a battery drain issue. I'd wait if you have a 5s

4. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

iOS 7.0 is pretty bad in comparison to 7.1 you missed out by not upgrading earlier. You should get iOS 8.

5. vjicecool thread starter macrumors 6502

thank you
    i would like to know battery drain and other issues that users are facing if any

6. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Buttery smooth and fast on my 5S.

Too early to tell about the battery but I expect it to be equal or better.

7. ipooed macrumors 6502

ipooed

Wait! It has the same build number as the GM, I had numerous issues on my 5s. I am gonna wait for an update

8. vjicecool thread starter macrumors 6502

9. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I immediately noticed this on my 5s. It isn't a huge difference, but I'm seeing my battery drain a bit quicker than it did on iOS 7. To the OP, other than slight battery drain, you should be find to upgrade to iOS 8.

10. nnacrumors macrumors 6502

I usually keep my iPhone on the OS it came with since I tend to keep mine for a long time. I would hate to keep updating the OS and end up with a laggy, battery crippled mess (ala 4s running iOS 8).

Just realize that any type of OS update is really built for newer hardware. Unless there was some killer feature you just had to have and couldn't live without or didn't care about risking the performance of your device I would say stick with iOS 7.

11. pk7 macrumors 6502

I performed a fresh restore and set up my 5s as new. I am seeing a silkier OS and one that feels more responsive than iOS 7, lightning-quick Touch ID recognition, and better battery life than before.

12. vjicecool thread starter macrumors 6502

I Keep hearing that IOS 8 require almost 6Gb space to install, is that correct?

13. C DM macrumors Westmere

That might be up to how much it might need to install, but not how much it will take up--you'll end up basically with about the same amount of free space that you had before.

----------

Everyone is going to have a different answer and experience, just because everything is perfect for some, and everything is horrible for others, and a few issues here and there yet for others still, doesn't really give you a good idea of what it will be like for you personally with your install and devices. The only thing to do is to try it if you want to go for it based on all the other threads about it iOS 8 that exist already.

14. vjicecool thread starter macrumors 6502

i don't have problem upgrading
    what scares me is we cannot go back to previous version

15. C DM macrumors Westmere

Right now you still can. But otherwise no you can't. So basically reading the feedback from many people in various threads about it its up to you to make the call.