IOS 8 widgets random rearranging

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by dahauss, Dec 15, 2014.

1. dahauss macrumors regular

Can someone tell me why many times I pull siren the today part of notifications and the widgets are rearranged in random order? I then put them back Ib order but a day or so later they have moved been around? I'm not jail broken and am running the latest IOS 8 update. Any ideas?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

What do you mean by widgets being in different order? Is it some particular widgets that might move a bit or appear/disappear? What widgets do you have that are doing this?

3. dahauss thread starter macrumors regular

Theyv are in different order. For instance calendar 5 which is usually first moves to different spots. Same with others. I put them in the order I want but they are moved around every few days

4. steve23094 macrumors 68000

steve23094

I know what you mean. This was a confirmed bug, although I haven't noticed mine rearranging since upgrading to 8.1.2. Although saying that it wouldn't surprise me if I just jinxed it.

5. dahauss thread starter macrumors regular

6. newellj macrumors 601

7. dahauss thread starter macrumors regular

8. Am3r1ca16 macrumors 6502a

Am3r1ca16

I'm on ios 8.1.2 and it just happened to me. thought it was gone but I guess I was wrong.

9. newellj macrumors 601

The thing that I find interesting is that some bugs like this seem to be relatively rare, which makes you wonder just what is going on in the code that causes this to happen to a small number of users. (At least I'm assuming it's a small number - I think there would be a lot more reports if it were widespread.)