Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dahauss

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2009
Can someone tell me why many times I pull siren the today part of notifications and the widgets are rearranged in random order? I then put them back Ib order but a day or so later they have moved been around? I'm not jail broken and am running the latest IOS 8 update. Any ideas?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
What do you mean by widgets being in different order? Is it some particular widgets that might move a bit or appear/disappear? What widgets do you have that are doing this?

dahauss

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2009
Theyv are in different order. For instance calendar 5 which is usually first moves to different spots. Same with others. I put them in the order I want but they are moved around every few days

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2013
Theyv are in different order. For instance calendar 5 which is usually first moves to different spots. Same with others. I put them in the order I want but they are moved around every few days

I know what you mean. This was a confirmed bug, although I haven't noticed mine rearranging since upgrading to 8.1.2. Although saying that it wouldn't surprise me if I just jinxed it.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
I'm on ios 8.1.2 and it just happened to me. thought it was gone but I guess I was wrong.

The thing that I find interesting is that some bugs like this seem to be relatively rare, which makes you wonder just what is going on in the code that causes this to happen to a small number of users. (At least I'm assuming it's a small number - I think there would be a lot more reports if it were widespread.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.