iOS 8.X Delay Is Annoying

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Eckscaliber, May 15, 2015.

1. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

No matter what app I use, or what I do, I have to wait 2 seconds for it to load. I feel at this point in time, iOS in general, should be snappy, and straight to the point. Whether I'm using my iPad or iPhone, I must pause for 2 seconds until it loads/reloads. Is this due to me having REDUCE CONTRAST turned on? I'm sure it's a design flaw, and not a setting issue.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

What do you mean by load? As in appear on your screen after you tap it, or after it appears but before anything is actually shown in the app or you can do anything in the app (again, once it's already up on the screen)?

3. lagwagon, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015

lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

I think this is due to having no patience. All my apps load and show up on screen right away but may take a second or two to display info. Apps need to connect to Internet when launched. No way around it really.

**edit to fix typo**

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

OP didn't say that he/she was a doctor. :D

5. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Fixed! I blame auto correct! Or it must have been a bug in my 8.4 beta. Now I blame Apple. :p

6. oldmacs macrumors 68040

i agree. My iPhone and iPads sometimes do this, the app no longer instantly pops up, you get a moment of the app icon being highlighted, but you're still on the homscreen. NEVER happened prior to iOS 8 (for me)