iPhone IOS 9.0.2 Jailbroken! Possible to downgrade?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by embalder, Oct 21, 2015.

1. embalder macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

This is my first message here.
    I purchased the iphone 6 two months ago and battery life seems to be the biggest issue here.
    I finally jailbroken the ios 9.0.2 after stupidly upgrading from 8.1.

Is it somehow possible to downgrade lower than the ios 9, as all previous versions are already signed?

Cheers

2. Manatlt macrumors 6502a

4s, 5, iPad 2 and iPod Touch 5 only for downgrade. No other device is possible.

3. eyoungren, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015

eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

How do you figure?

8.4.1 is not being signed anymore for the iPhone 6. If it was, you could just select it in iTunes and downgrade to it.

Sorry, but I don't know where you got that info.

4. nordique macrumors 6502a

You can use Odysseus OTA 2 to downgrade only the specific 32 bit devices, as listed above, to 8.4.1

That's it. Not 6 unfortunately

Hopefully 8.4.1 gets a jailbreak released soon too, because that could then allow us to use the original Odysseus OTA to downgrade to 6.1.3 (only for ipad 2 and iphone 4s AFAIK - but doesn't seem to work for iOS 9 4s's due to a baseband issue, not sure about ipad 2's)

5. nordique macrumors 6502a

Just wanted to add - using the ver 1.1 pang jailbreak, I was able to downgrade. Not sure what the issue was before - I *did* do bbupdate as instructed but it works now. Just retype out the command lines.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

There might be a tinyumbrella upgrade or similar ios downgrade tool down the road.
    There's been lots of talk lately by semaphore and others and the reason we started saving again your shsh blobs for iphone 6, ipad air 2 and all newer devices.
    I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Semaphore says he's just waiting for permission by the founder/owner of the downgrade exploits so maybe something will come up soon.