iOS 9.0 and watch 2.0

Stevenpaulross

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2015
Silly question but where is everyone getting the download for this? I keep checking for updates on my phone and no update is available. Thank you in advance.

acctman

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2012
Georgia
Silly question but where is everyone getting the download for this? I keep checking for updates on my phone and no update is available. Thank you in advance.
stay away from both if you're not a developer. too many non-developer are whining an complaining about there devices not working properly anymore.

Reactions: flori13

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
stay away from both if you're not a developer. too many non-developer are whining an complaining about there devices not working properly anymore.
This. If you want iOS 9, you can sign for the public beta in July. watchOS 2 won't be available for public testing.

nutmac

macrumors 601
Mar 30, 2004
I am a developer so I have it installed. YouTube probably is littered with video on installing the beta without developer account, but frankly, it's not worth the trouble. For one thing, there's a risk that your watch will be bricked during the upgrade (mine froze about 75% of the way), there's no way to downgrade, it's buggy, battery will probably drain faster, and there are only few new user facing features (nightstand, email reply, a couple of new watch faces, time machine complication control).

CobraPA

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2011
Lansdale, PA, USA
But if you really wanted it... Look at the Apple Developer program. It'll cost you $99/yr and you get access to all the beta builds if you want them. Apple recommends only installing the beta on test equipment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.