iOS 9.0 and watch 2.0

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Stevenpaulross, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Stevenpaulross macrumors newbie

Silly question but where is everyone getting the download for this? I keep checking for updates on my phone and no update is available. Thank you in advance.

2. acctman macrumors 6502a

acctman

stay away from both if you're not a developer. too many non-developer are whining an complaining about there devices not working properly anymore.

3. Stevenpaulross thread starter macrumors newbie

4. madsci954 macrumors 68030

This. If you want iOS 9, you can sign for the public beta in July. watchOS 2 won't be available for public testing.

5. mynameisjosh macrumors regular

mynameisjosh

It's not out to the public.

6. dmelgar macrumors 68000

Don't try it. Very buggy. THere's no way to downgrade your watch back to 1.0.1.

7. nutmac macrumors 68040

I am a developer so I have it installed. YouTube probably is littered with video on installing the beta without developer account, but frankly, it's not worth the trouble. For one thing, there's a risk that your watch will be bricked during the upgrade (mine froze about 75% of the way), there's no way to downgrade, it's buggy, battery will probably drain faster, and there are only few new user facing features (nightstand, email reply, a couple of new watch faces, time machine complication control).

8. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I would love to try but I learned long ago that doing this to your daily driver can be a disaster!

9. CobraPA macrumors 6502a

But if you really wanted it... Look at the Apple Developer program. It'll cost you $99/yr and you get access to all the beta builds if you want them. Apple recommends only installing the beta on test equipment.