Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prabas

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 14, 2010
Europe
243873.png

As always, be sure to report any and all bugs to bugreport.apple.com (Login with your Apple ID very easy)

Add more details for your bug report additional-information (Optional)

Changes
  • An option to show or hide contact photos in Messages.app has been added. [Photo]
  • The "Live Long and Prosper" emoji can now be made different colors (previously it could only be yellow).
Bug fixes
  • Fixes an issue where some users could not complete setup assistant after updating
  • Fixes an issue where sometimes alarms and timers could fail to play
  • Fixes an issue in Safari and Photos where pausing video could cause the paused frame to appear distorted
  • Fixes an issue where some users with a custom APN setup via a profile would lose cellular data.
Bugs
  • Settings still open scrolled down.
  • Notifications without sound - fixed in 9.01, broken in 9.1 Beta 2
  • Notification Quick Replies on Lock Screen still leave behind a weird keyboard outline
  • When forwarding an email, placing the cursor inside the message to be forwarded (at the very beginning) and hitting the backspace key causes a crash.
  • It is not possible to change cellular data settings for some apps (only affecting some users)
  • Animation missing when going out of edit view in Messages (present even in iOS 8)

If you are on iOS 9.1 Public Beta 1, remove your Public Beta Profile and reboot your phone, after doing so you'll be able to download this Developer Beta 2 release and upcoming beta versions of iOS.

Last edited:

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
Before I try this beta out, waiting for batting1000 and lagwagon's feedback on beta 2. :)

hunt2013

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2011
could someone check if quick replies from lock screen are still bugged for third party apps?

deeznuts

macrumors member
May 27, 2015
image.jpeg
Now have an option in Messages to show/remove contact pictures in the Messags app, finally!!!!

Prabas

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 14, 2010
Europe
I guess nagging them works :) We need to spam them to add an ability to cross-fade music, like we can on Mac/iTunes.

omegis83

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
Show Favorites Bar is new under beta 2, I think. Honestly didn't notice it there in beta 1 when I added my content blocker.

3d4c520d7388b7971b3370efa3b8158e.jpg

t0niX

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2015
Update feels very snappy.

What I noticed: 3rd party keyboards are still popping up, not swiping up from the bottom like the original keyboard (was fixed in iOS 9 - PB 5, came back in iOS 9 - GM and newer).

ashindnile

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2015
Update feels very snappy.

What I noticed: 3rd party keyboards are still popping up, not swiping up from the bottom like the original keyboard (was fixed in iOS 9 - PB 5, came back in iOS 9 - GM and newer).
Yes this was very frustrating for me personally. Like very.

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
Settings.app still opens scrolled down to airplane mode. Why is it a problem to solve it? :mad:

maybe cause thats like the most harmless bug in a long time if not ever, theyre probably busy trying to satisify the yearly whiners about speed/battery etc. tons of other things can take priority over this, useless..bug

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
How can this happen for at least four releases that came afterwards..?!
I'm not sure about 4 releases (unless you are talking about beta updates), but it can easily happen when there are more important issues and bugs to deal with, as there usually are with a x.0 update and a few following updates.

hunt2013

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2011
Not sure if feature or issue ( or if with just beta 1) but I was able to do the OTA update with 43% battery remaining versus the normal 50%. I also had power saver on.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
How can this happen for at least four releases that came afterwards..?!
They have been busy fixing the battery display bug that was skipping certain percentages that people were all to H*** over. :) (the other bug that doesn't really matter that much)

Reactions: Gathomblipoob

Dtrip

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2014
I'm noticing a new issue with the spinning "wheel" indicator constantly on when I'm on the home screen. All apps closed and tried a reboot. (9.1 Beta 2 on 6 Plus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.