Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

rmadera

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2013
KMWnvAn.jpg
Pretty interesting. We'll see if this holds up tomorrow.

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
So Russian Siri gives away secret information? I wonder if some more interesting dates could be found (assuming this date holds up).
13092058124.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow with a fix for the notifications sound/vibration bug.

Reactions: borimol

rmadera

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2013
Very interesting. Historically, Apple has let some developers know about specifics on an upcoming iOS update to ensure compatibility. And Smule is essentially saying here that 9.1 is coming out very soon.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 293
Reactions: hpr7

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
Very interesting. Historically, Apple has let some developers know about specifics on an upcoming iOS update to ensure compatibility. And Smule is essentially saying here that 9.1 is coming out very soon.

what does very soon mean? do you think it wont come out tomorrow or thursday?

hpr7

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2015
Italy
Do you notice this bug?
Sometimes, when I unlock my phone it happens that the icons loads before the status bar (wifi icons, battery icons, time, ecc)

Last edited:

hpr7

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2015
Italy
This feature have been available since Yosemite. It gives "extra" alert time.

What bug? All I see is your thumb slides to mail app after the phone unlocked.

Sometimes, when I unlock my phone it happens that the icons loads before the status bar (wifi icons, battery icons, time, ecc)

Cakefish

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2015
I'm on beta 5 now. I will wait for 9.1 final before I decide whether to or not to return my iPad Air 2 as I'm still well within the 14 day return window. It needs to get much better than beta 5 to be acceptable to me in the long term.

Choppy stutters in the music app. Choppy stutters in Google Photos app. Choppy stutters in YouTube app. I don't expect this from an Apple product.

I am not lying when I say that my Nexus 5 with 6.0 Marshmallow is actually smoother than the Air 2 in apps such as YouTube, Google Photos etc. Sort it out Apple.

Reactions: philipyoungg

marvz

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin
I'm on beta 5 now. I will wait for 9.1 final before I decide whether to or not to return my iPad Air 2 as I'm still well within the 14 day return window. It needs to get much better than beta 5 to be acceptable to me in the long term.

Choppy stutters in the music app. Choppy stutters in Google Photos app. Choppy stutters in YouTube app. I don't expect this from an Apple product.

I am not lying when I say that my Nexus 5 with 6.0 Marshmallow is actually smoother than the Air 2 in apps such as YouTube, Google Photos etc. Sort it out Apple.
Ok, then have fun with your choppy Android experience on a tablet.

Reactions: clamz

Cakefish

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2015
Ok, then have fun with your choppy Android experience on a tablet.
No need for such passive aggression, I'm honestly not trying to start a flame war here. All I'm saying is that my personal experience is smoother on my Nexus 5 with Android 6.0 than the iPad Air 2 with iOS 9.0.2 and 9.1 beta 5. I'm fully willing to give Apple a chance to resolve this. And I really hope that they do, because the hardware of the Air 2 is absolutely fantastic.

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
No need for such passive aggression, I'm honestly not trying to start a flame war here. All I'm saying is that my personal experience is smoother on my Nexus 5 with Android 6.0 than the iPad Air 2 with iOS 9.0.2 and 9.1 beta 5. I'm fully willing to give Apple a chance to resolve this. And I really hope that they do, because the hardware of the Air 2 is absolutely fantastic.

I wouldn't give up on the Air 2. It's a great tablet. It will eventually smooth out.

Reactions: Cakefish

marvz

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin
It wasn't aggressive just the truth. The tablet experience on iOS is far superior than on Android. There is nothing to discuss.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010

lol are you serious? You are running a beta software on the air 2 and complain about chopinness? You can't be serious.

Cakefish

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2015
It wasn't aggressive just the truth. The tablet experience on iOS is far superior than on Android. There is nothing to discuss.
Yes, that reputation is exactly why I decided to choose the Air 2 over an Android tablet.
lol are you serious? You are running a beta software on the air 2 and complain about chopinness? You can't be serious.
I also had problems on 9.0.2 (non beta) too. Hopefully 9.1 final will fix things, you're right I shouldn't judge the performance of beta software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.