Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Here is one maybe someone can shed some light on ... Siri Suggestions.
When I swipe into it it shows me several app suggestions. What are they based on?
IMG_4194.PNG
Two of the apps (Active Voice / Twitter) I do not use on my iPhone - I do use Twitter on Android
Three others I use on my iPad and seldom if ever on my iPhone.
So how are these picked by Siri? If it my most common, Mail, Calendar would be the two common followed by several others. Not these.
BTW: Siri is turned off on this device.
Color me confused o_O

LK265

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2014
Berkshire, England
Hey guys, just had an email from Apple saying they have fixed the bug with slow control centre that I encountered on my 6s plus, the changes have been implemented in version 13c5055d

Hopefully more fixes are coming!

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
I'm unable to search a contact in my Phone contacts or the Contacts app. When I start to type in a name, only results from "Found In Mail" appear.

Wardoh

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2015
Does anyone experience the visual effect/animations that just suddenly stops? And you need to reboot your iphone in order for the animations to work again.

Problem on iphone 6s

Reactions: dk001

Makale.Helvetia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
İSTANBUL - TÜRKİYE
Does anyone experience the visual effect/animations that just suddenly stops? And you need to reboot your iphone in order for the animations to work again.

Problem on iphone 6s

been happening since 9.0 and still continues on 9.2 beta 3

may be a bug on assistive touch,because all the complainers are using asistive touch also.

is it active on your device?

Wardoh

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2015
An

Problem on iphone 6s
and is this an ios 9.1 bug? Im worried hoping for your help guys thanks
been happening since 9.0 and still continues on 9.2 beta 3

may be a bug on assistive touch,because all the complainers are using asistive touch also.

is it active on your device?

Yup assisitive touch is active on my device eversince i bought it. Oh thank god, i thought it was a hardware problem on my case. The bug/issue is really annoying. Thank you for your reply. Im relieved.

Makale.Helvetia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
İSTANBUL - TÜRKİYE
An

and is this an ios 9.1 bug? Im worried hoping for your help guys thanks

Yup assisitive touch is active on my device eversince i bought it. Oh thank god, i thought it was a hardware problem on my case. The bug/issue is really annoying. Thank you for your reply. Im relieved.

no problem,just turn off asistive touch and try again. it must be ok then.

reported it on developer bug report page.

Speedy Dingo

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2010
Australia
Are there any updates on the Settings app skipping past the aeroplane mode icon? I finally updated my iPhone 6 from 8.4.1 and this was one of the first things I noticed.

EdgardasB

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2014
Lithuania
I have plenty music videos and noticed that at music app it is listed together with "songs". Is it normal? Furthermore, there is "music videos" sections, what's the point to mix music videos with songs list?

DoctorKrabs

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2013
Some people were talking about how iOS 9 has a delay where you have to wait for animations to complete before you can tap on an app to start it. I have found an opposite problem where I CAN open an app while an animation goes and it screws up the animations completely.

Some of these bugs are just breathtaking. Not fixed in 9.2 Beta 4 either. The phone in the video has 9.2 Beta 4 on it.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Some people were talking about how iOS 9 has a delay where you have to wait for animations to complete before you can tap on an app to start it. I have found an opposite problem where I CAN open an app while an animation goes and it screws up the animations completely.

Some of these bugs are just breathtaking. Not fixed in 9.2 Beta 4 either. The phone in the video has 9.2 Beta 4 on it.

So what about all those factual reports of it being a big change from iOS 8 that applies to everyone with apps not opening until animations are done? Is this basically actual proof that that isn't in fact the case, at least not for everyone?

DoctorKrabs

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2013
So what about all those factual reports of it being a big change from iOS 8 that applies to everyone with apps not opening until animations are done? Is this basically actual proof that that isn't in fact the case, at least not for everyone?
Not exactly, because there is a wait time from unlocking and from closing apps. You have to wait for the unlock animation or home screen return animations to complete before the phone responds, but I've known that to be the case since iOS 7. Other than that, I don't find any parts of the OS that ignore my taps or have a long delay. Most of these UI bugs I found are actually caused by the phone responding to inputs when it should ignore them.

Stickharuhi

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2015
Guys!! The user are so cool.

iOS 9.2 beta 4 thread is closed.

Than come the clever user.

Continuation for iOS 9.2 beta 4 thread :D:D

DoctorKrabs

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2013

Here's another example of iOS responding to inputs from the home button when it shouldn't, causing sloppy bugs.

Also unfixed as of 9.2 beta 4.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
Lets stay on topic folks, this isn't about Samsung or anything but a thread dedicated to iOS9.1 bug fixes and changes. The off topic chatter has been removed, so lets move on.

Act3

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2014
USA

It is true the app will not open until the animation is done, however in iOS 8 it would at least register the tap while the animation was in progress and then open the app when the animation is complete.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It is true the app will not open until the animation is done, however in iOS 8 it would at least register the tap while the animation was in progress and then open the app when the animation is complete.
But the post I was relying to and the video it links to seems to show that interactions with opening an app are apparently possible while animations are happening (given that's where the visual glitch was noticed).

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
But the post I was relying to and the video it links to seems to show that interactions with opening an app are apparently possible while animations are happening (given that's where the visual glitch was noticed).

If you mess around, you can get different functions to kick off mid animation with some seriously crazy results. I suspect that the "not register" is another aspect of the same function or function failure. There is something "damaged" in the execute during animation function.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009
On my iPad Air 2 I got stuck in the task switcher screen and couldn't get out as the home button stopped working. I locked the screen, but the home button still didn't work. I managed to get into the camera, but still couldn't get to the home screen. After I locked the screen I couldn't do anything. I had to hard reset (home and power) to recover.

DoctorKrabs

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2013

I'll take green felt and stitched leather over a sloppy UI like this any day.

Also in the latest 9.2 beta and I'll bet a fortune on it being in 9.2's final release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.