iOS 9.1 data iCloud backups

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by mcmanus7, Nov 10, 2015.

1. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

I have been battling this issue for a bit now with apple. Here's a breakdown:

When restored a iPhone using a backup that is iOS 9.1 data such as imessage, app data etc is not restoring correctly.

I have had this happen with both of my iPhone 6S's that were recently replaced.

It appears if you do a backup using iTunes that this problem does not occur and the restore works.

The only work-around I have found is IF you have a iPhone 5 backup from before 9.1 was released for whatever reason (even if it's almost 2 months old) the app data will restore using your most recent iCloud backups data.

2. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

3. mcmanus7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

As far as I can tell (I gave up on it in frustration a while ago so I might have dated info), the issue seems to be that the 6s and 6s+ can't make a restorable iCloud backup. My 6s+ restores from my old 6+ backups just fine.

I suspect if you took an older iPhone and tried to restore from one of the 6s/6s+ backups, it would fail.

5. mcmanus7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Should also add that the iOS 9.1 on 6S's seem to pick and choose which pictures it wants to load upon restore.

Realized yesterday that I was missing a picture on my 6S that I had on my 5. Went back to look for it and noticed my camera roll jumps from August 21st to October 29th.

Restored our old iPhone 5 using my last backup (from the iPhone 5 just before launch). All the pictures loaded fine, including all pictures in this gap.