iOS 9.1+ TouchID broken on 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Love Divine, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Love Divine macrumors member

Ever since 9.1ish (can't remember exact time it started) TouchID has been crap on my 6 plus. It always worked great before. Now, it works maybe 10% of the time - a huge difference. I'm making sure it has been kept clean. Phone has been factory reset during that time.

Is this a documented issue? I think it's software related, as right after the 9.2 update, it began working perfectly again for a few hours, then went back to sucking the next day.

2. Gryfter macrumors 6502

Gryfter

I havent had any issues...

You know how you lick your finger right before giving someone a wet willie? Do that before unlocking your iPhone with TouchID and see if it works...

3. Love Divine thread starter macrumors member

Ha.

It has seriously degraded my user experience not having it. Didn't realize how smooth it made day to day usage. It won't work when I try to register a new finger - nothing happens when I place my finger/thumb on the home button. I made sure it was absolutely clean.

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

It's not software related. TouchID works fine on my 6+ running all the iOS 9 betas, 9.1 and now 9.2

You're not doing anything silly like trying to register multiple fingerprints in 1 slot are you?

5. Love Divine thread starter macrumors member

Nothing changed except upgrading to 9.1. It also works occasionally (much more often) in Apps than on the lock screen.

6. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

Personally, I find it works great in summer and not so great in winter - fingers dry out etc.
    But with 9 and ongoing it works a lot better for me than it did for IOS8

7. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Try redoing the fingerprints?

8. Love Divine thread starter macrumors member

Tried that - it doesn't register during the setup so I can't add new prints... May have to call Apple.

9. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Hmm maybe your touch id sensor is faulty