IOS 9.1b1 Spotlight search doesn't work with updated apps

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by gabfarkas, Sep 17, 2015.

1. gabfarkas macrumors newbie

gabfarkas

Apps updates are coming out with IOS 9 Spotlight search support, but e.g IMDB, Pinterest results don't appear in Spotlight search on ios9.1b1. Strangely Star Walk 2 works fine. I tried to reinstall the apps, restart the phone etc. but I can't make it work.

Any suggestions?

2. Prabas, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015

Prabas macrumors 6502a

Prabas

9.1 here. Some searches are working some aren't. However, searching for 1Password items is working great.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442474193.200867.jpg

3. gabfarkas thread starter macrumors newbie

gabfarkas

A
    Are you sure this results is coming from IMDB app? It could come from imdb website. When it comes from an app the app name is on the top. However I can't confirm as this type of intelligent Spotlight search doesn't work in Hungary (e.g. Wikipedia web results don't appear with pictures etc as in the US)

4. Prabas macrumors 6502a

Prabas

I am not in US either, no web results for me. So that search took me to deep linked IMDB app.

5. gabfarkas thread starter macrumors newbie

gabfarkas

I did the same search in Spotlight (Black Mass), nothing did appear. However after I did the same search in the IMDB app and after that I repeated the search in Spotlight and the result appeared. But searching a different keyword doesn't give any results. So I assume this Spotlight search works on the local filesystem only and not a web search through the app.

6. Prabas macrumors 6502a

Prabas