General iOS 9.2 App Store advertising iPhone 6s!

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by lostguybrazil, Dec 10, 2015.

1. lostguybrazil macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've installed iOS 9.2 yesterday, and today, the moment I've opened the App Store app on my iPhone 5 Apple advertised this:
    [​IMG]
    My girlfriend had the same on her iPhone 5s.

Didn't like it. Found it intrusive. Apple should rethink immediately this advertising.

Anyone had this too?

Attached Files:

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

3. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

That's weird...I've never seen any full page ads in the App Store.

How did you get past it? Your screen shot doesn't show any of the normal App Store options

4. chscag macrumors 68000

I don't think that's the app store. It looks like he went to the Apple site instead. The Apple site in the US looks the same except it's in English.

5. friednoodles macrumors regular

It's the App Store, I got it this morning as well and was quite surprised (and a bit annoyed that Apple would do something like that - feels just a bit slimy to me). I opened the App Store to update an app, went to the Updates tab and then that full screen modal window slid up from the bottom of the screen, completely covering the App Store interface. I took a screenshot as well:

Attached Files:

6. gaanee macrumors 6502a

It gives options for: Learn More and Upgrade.
    Apple had to advertise 6s on the appstore, is it not selling well?

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems like it also gives an option to skip as well given the English screenshot that was posted. I don't know why they advertised there, but doesn't seem like it needs to be related to how well it's selling.

8. Ternary macrumors regular

The same pop up appeared on my iPhone 5 running iOS 8.4.1, so this isn't version based. Hopefully this was just a one time thing.

Attached Files:

9. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

10. bushido Suspended

bushido

11. pituin macrumors member

pituin

I got the ad too just now. iPhone 5c iOS 9.0.2. This is getting ridiculous. Submitted feedback, but I know they'll print it and wipe their ass with it. Apple just doesn't give a **** anymore. It's sad.

12. chatbr macrumors member

Updated my girlfriend phone for 9.2 ( iPhone 5C ) and first thing she got when opening the Music App was a huge, full screen advertising for Apple Music. No dismiss button.
    Only way to close it was closing thru multitask and reopening the App.
    She doesnt have Apple Music sub so idk if people that have those will not get the ads.
    I myself use an iPhone 6 but still holding on 9.1 after seeing those abusive ads.

13. pituin macrumors member

pituin

And actually, they will nag you when App Store cache clears. Just try by tapping ten times on the "Updates" icon...

Unacceptable.

14. liteshow macrumors regular

I got the exact same thing too! Quite surprise - or maybe I should not be. Did not find it intrusive - just annoying as it is the least expected place to find an advertisment,

15. JackieInCo macrumors 601

The front page of this site says Apple is advertising the 6S for people using older phones.

16. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah, seems like 5s and older.

17. NoBoMac macrumors 6502a

What C DM said. Saw an article on one of the tech websites this morning, and they reported anything older than a 6 will get the ad in the App Store.

Annoying, but not much different than any other Apple "store". Go to Apple website, latest gizmo is advertised on the main page. Bring up Mac App Store, takes you straight to the "here's the latest and most popular stuff" page, when I only want to go to the "update" tab. Ditto iTunes sub tabs.

18. Radon87000 macrumors 601

Sales of 6S are flatlining.No surprise they are resorting to these measures

19. C DM macrumors Westmere

Is there data showing this?

20. Radon87000 macrumors 601

It barely beats the iPhone 6 sales AFTER taking China into account.Otherwise it's much lower.They went to China because sales were flat everywhere else.Advertising on the App Store reeks of desperation to me