iPad iOS 9.2 Battery Drain

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by joekim1026, Dec 11, 2015.

1. joekim1026 macrumors regular

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has been experiencing the same issue as me. I was using the 9.2 since the beta 1 was released on my iPad Air 2 and one thing that's been consistent throughout has been severe battery drain.

I was hoping the final version of 9.2 would fix this issue but it appears that it did not. I did a simple update from the file. I would prefer not to do a fresh install. So please let me know if anyone else has been experience this or if it is just me.

2. waterbound, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2015

waterbound macrumors newbie

Yes, there are several threads starting to pop up from Apple forums and all over. Seems like Apple screwed up with this latest update and for now, on the Apple forums they are recommending resetting your device to resolve which is ridiculous in my opinion.

3. nj1266 macrumors 6502a

Resetting or restoring? These are two different people things

4. waterbound macrumors newbie

According to the thread at Apple 'Rapid Battery Drain after 9.2', they are saying resetting their devices resolves the issues. Even if I wanted to reset, my battery will take a day or two of not using the device to charge enough to perform the reset:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7374895

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

It is ridiculous because it's not necessary. There is no problem with 9.2 but there are problems with a few devices. The causes of battery drain and the strategy for recovering from battery drain hasn't changed over the years.

6. waterbound macrumors newbie

I hear ya, this is probably true and I am likely not knowledgeable to know this since I haven't had these issues ever after an update. I guess I am lucky :) Either way, I connected to my laptop and backed up, reset and its in the process of restoring now. I am actually kind of amazed how quickly it is going honestly, I figured it would be a long process but it seems it will be fully restored within a few minutes, hopefully that does resolve the battery drain issues with my Ipad and other affected devices. Thanks for the reply.