Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
US
Here we go! Front page says iOS 9.2 just dropped. Let's get this ball rollin'!

Changes:

Changes mentioned in the iOS 9.2 release notes can be found here. Please do not duplicate them in this post.

App Switcher
When "Reduce Motion" is turned on, the app switcher while focus on one app preview at a time giving you more precise control while swiping.

Music
You can no longer swipe left or right in the "My Music" tab to switch between the Library and Playlist views.

Bug Fixes:

Bug fixes mentioned in the iOS 9.2 release notes can be found here. Please do not duplicate them in this post.

Existing Bugs:

• Animation missing when tapping on Edit and then Cancel (the messages will just pop back).

Notes
  • Open Safari app, save any website to Notes app then search via spotlight - results duplicated note.
image.png

Safari
  • A black rectangle appears during fade out animation when you're in landscape favorite bookmarks view and tap outer area in order to close it.

System-wide Issues

App Switcher
  • Settings app preview turns blank after using another app for 10 mins. image.png

Safari app preview window still blank via multitasking since iOS 9.0 (Open Safari app using Private Browsing, go to homescreen, open multitasking) -- When using iOS 8 or this method no issue (Open Safari app using Private Browsing, open multitasking) -- This is new function in iOS 9 Apple? By yes. Then add in Safari Settings: Screenshot-Protection (Private Browsing only) in iOS multitaksing (add so switch on/off). I dont need this bug/function
Screenshot? Yes!

This is not a bug, it is considered a feature because private browsing is enabled in Safari. Please submit your feedback to Apple here.
image.png

New Bugs:

Mail

Settings
  • False mode (iPad/iOS use always the landscape mode, Orientation Lock: ON, change the iPad Language via Settings, wait and in this moment Settings in portrait mode) !This is wrong!

AppStore
  • App-Store (Topcharts free apps) the apps rank number 150 missing.
  • Can not reproduce on 6s+, is this only on iPad? I test on iPad device. Current numbers 145 - 150 missing. Yesterday only number 150 missing. In the normal view (Paid/Free/Top Grossing) 35 apps in Top Charts Free show only.
  • image.png image.png
  • App-Store this moment comes not filter options (In tab bar in App-Store go to category Purchased or Updates and search once) -- Can we get this clarified? Yes!
The blue filter options missing (please search once)
image.png

image.png
So is correct, blue filter options!!!

New Bugs cont'd
WiFI
Have wifi as 2.4ghz / 5ghz as separate id's. Having difficulty staying on 5ghz. Keeps dropping it and switching to the 2.4.

Stutters
Getting small rapid stutters where there were none before

Side Switch Control
(iPad Mini 3 LTE )
When I use the switch to go from Ringer to Silent, it will at times rapidly flicker back and forth between Ringer - Silent (popup message)

When switching from Silent to Ringer, it will display a Ringer volume level that does not match actual

App Store Search (Portrait Mode)
The bottom of the keyboard is cut off on the 6S+/6+ when you type in a search parameter in the App Store
App Store Search.PNG

Last edited:

ttam110

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
Can someone post a "learn more" screenshot...I want to see the full list of changes/bug fixes

Nor'easter

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
This bodes well for those of us frustrated with Apple Music bugs, seems like they claim to have made quite a few improvements.

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
That's gotta be an error. Why would they wait so long to release if there were no changes made?

I agree, maybe they are just working on 9.2.1 and decided beta 4 was stable enough to release to public. It's weird since I don't think they have ever done this, but to be honest I haven't had a single issue with ios 9 beta 4, so i don't really mind.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
Cue the people who are grumpy and think Apple did NOTHING for three weeks (maybe two weeks as Apple give staff the Thanksgiving week off)...

Beta 4 is stable enough, enough said. Apple are possibly working on iOS 9.3. Heck, they probably have the majority working on iOS 10. Don't expect any major changes.

Reactions: Freakonomics101

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
US
I agree, maybe they are just working on 9.2.1 and decided beta 4 was stable enough to release to public. It's weird since I don't think they have ever done this, but to be honest I haven't had a single issue with ios 9 beta 4, so i don't really mind.
That makes sense. I've heard nothing but good things about beta 4. I'm still running 9.0.2 so it doesn't make much difference to me but I find it interesting nonetheless.

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
FINALLY they put an icon next to each song that is actually downloaded to the device!!! Thank you!

Overall feels much smoother than 9.1 to me so far. Still has the input delay until animations are complete but things are getting better! And settings app opens up at the top.

Reactions: jgelin and scjr

Stickharuhi

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2015
Activate iOS Wi-Fi personal hotspot.
Then closing the Settings.
Search only this hotpot with new devices, Again search only!!
You can see not available.

This is maybe feature (for power-saving). But not good.
Because the user activate the hotspot and closing the Settings and now with new devices this hotspot search. But is not available!!!

Since iOS wifi personal hotspot exists. Is that Phenome, why many user open thread Hotspot is so broken, sometimes available or not.

Here the solutions:
Best: Add in iOS personal hotspot, standby options. E.g in 1 minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 20minutes
automatically off, when not device connect with this hotspot. Default is 1 minute. So is better.

2. In status bar can the user see the icon from hotspot. When the user leave the settings. Then is this icon not more in the status bar = The user know, hotspot is in this moment not available.

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Have never done what?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I'm interpreting "never released a final build with the same build number as the last beta".
Normally (with software in general) that wouldn't be out of the ordinary if the final beta didn't have any issues that would be determined as something that needs to get fixed for the final release, not quite sure how often that has happened with iOS though.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
US
Normally (with software in general) that wouldn't be out of the ordinary if the final beta didn't have any issues that would be determined as something that needs to get fixed for the final release, not quite sure how often that has happened with iOS though.
The problem with that theory is everybody running the beta is most certainly aware of certain... issues (not gonna invoke the L & S phrase) that are pretty much a part of iOS 8 & 9. You would think they would take the time to smooth out some of that stuff if they believed the major bugs had been squashed.

Of course there's always the theory that Tim is REALLY generous when it comes to holiday leave.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.