Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
Control center stutter has still not been fixed on 5S. I tried it yesterday on it which was on 9.3.1

It will never be fixed. The experience is adjusted in such a way as to force people to upgrade to latest and greatest. Most of 5S people have moved over to 6S or SE. Some have stopped complaining because they got tired of complaining. That's why no complaints.
100% agree.This stutter is proof of planned obsolesence.Hopefully the miserable drop in sales will wake them up.Sammy has already lit a fire under Apple with the S7

Reactions: trifid

anon.guy

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2016
I wonder, how many of you tried putting the clock app in a folder and see if CC still lags? Or 3d touch on the 6s plus. I have a 6s so I can't check that but I definitely see a lag on CC when the clock app is not in a folder. So, go hide that app and see if the stutter is still there.

Last edited:

John Mcgregor

Suspended
Aug 21, 2015
Newport
I wonder, how many of you tried putting the clock app in a folder and see if CC still lags? Or 3d touch on the 6s plus. I a 6s so I can't check that but I definitely see a lag on CC when the clock app is not in a folder. So, go hide that app and see if the stutter is still there.
No stutter to begin with.

Reactions: Mlrollin91

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
100% agree.This stutter is proof of planned obsolesence.Hopefully the miserable drop in sales will wake them up.Sammy has already lit a fire under Apple with the S7
I dont think Apple will do anything different than what they were planning on what with that miserable quarter of making ONLY 40b. More than all other competitors in this space made.

dmnc

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2015
Control center stutter has still not been fixed on 5S. I tried it yesterday on it which was on 9.3.1

It will never be fixed. The experience is adjusted in such a way as to force people to upgrade to latest and greatest. Most of 5S people have moved over to 6S or SE. Some have stopped complaining because they got tired of complaining. That's why no complaints.
Not true. I have a 5s and the lag of control center is gone. It was bad in iOS 9.0~9.1
[doublepost=1462387328][/doublepost]
Of course Apple wants to improve their products. What do you expect? For them to shut down the manufacturing? Don't you understand how technology works? Computers are not home appliances.

Reactions: Alex Crane

MikeyMike01

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2010

You should google the word proof, and then consider using your brain to think a little

Reactions: hojx

alfon_sico

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2015
Looks like 9.3.2 is improving each beta. I bet continuos with the same progression each week until 13th June and then publish 9.3.2 GM full optimal

Then we will begin with iOS 10 betas

Reactions: Freakonomics101

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Looks like 9.3.2 is improving each beta. I bet continuos with the same progression each week until 13th June and then publish 9.3.2 GM full optimal

Then we will begin with iOS 10 betas
That would be quite a lot of betas, especially of an x.y.z type of release.

tocheeba

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
I must be the only person STILL having issues with Bluetooth. I have an iPhone 6 on Verizon, and ever since 9.3, I've been having bluetooth and GPS issues. I've installed every beta since, and still no luck. I ended up doing a complete factory reset on it, and still having issues despite re-pairing and setting up everything from scratch again. I'm having problems with audio breaking up in my car, bluetooth headphones, and random GPS signal loss.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
LOL man the release is next week for sure. There is nothing wrong with this beta
Don't think anyone (here) really knows about when the final release would be, but, yeah, it's not likely that there would be weekly betas all the way until WWDC and the final release would just be then after all that.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
How's performance vs beta 3?

Better and i think the best!
Seems like night and day on both 6s and iPad4. Quick no stutter, battery life is great so far. AW seems to get much better battery life to. So I am very happy with this beta.
I agree this one does seem a bit more fluid and responsive. But honestly I never had any issues with the last one. Only thing worth mentioning, today in the car I got the choppy BT audio some are mentioning for the 1st time ever. Had to toggle BT off/on and it got straight. This was the 1st time it connected to car since update. Several stops later it reconnected and worked fine each time I got back in car. So maybe just a onetime deal.

macdragonfl

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale,Fl
I agree this one does seem a bit more fluid and responsive. But honestly I never had any issues with the last one. Only thing worth mentioning, today in the car I got the choppy BT audio some are mentioning for the 1st time ever. Had to toggle BT off/on and it got straight. This was the 1st time it connected to car since update. Several stops later it reconnected and worked fine each time I got back in car. So maybe just a onetime deal.
Had some animation lag on both devices on beta 3, beta 2 battery life was spotty, beta 1 was great for me. But this seems to fix it all. The only Bluetooth issues I've had has been having to occasionally manually connect but not with this beta. This happened on both my Jeep Cherokee and BMW 328i.

Last edited:

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Had some animation lag on both devices on beta 3, beta 2 battery life was spotty, beta 1 was great for me. But this seems to fix it all. The only Bluetooth issues I've had has been having to occasionally manually connect but not with this beta. This happened on both my Jeep Cherokee and BMW 328i.
I haven't had an BT issues using handsfree and quality is very good, according to my spouse. I have SiriusXM so I really don't stream, plus the car(as most other modern day cars) has a usb port so I can plug in my iphone.

Jimrod

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2010
Anyone else still getting random battery issues? I've just installed the latest update this morning but yesterday on the previous beta (and as happened occasionally on last few beta's) my iPhone 6 dropped from somewhere around 60% in the early evening instantly to 24% and stayed there until the early hours of the morning (4am-ish) at which point it ran down fairly quickly to around 13% and then shut down, a couple of resets indicated that this 10-13% range was as much as I could get out of the battery.

All this only started happening after the post 9.2 betas and has basically made the phone very unreliable, before that it was 100% fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.