Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
I like continuity, and create icons for webpages that I visit often.
All of my iPads are running on restored backups.
No issues on my iPad Mini 4, my wifes iPad Air 2 or my iPad Air 1.
I started to not update to 9.3.2 on my Air 1, but glad I did.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
Typically iPads that have been Restored from iTunes via USB have issues with Updates. I always start fresh and new on new devices.

I would not say that it is at all "typical" for iPads to have issues with updates when restored from backups. I have never set up an iOS device as new since my first iPhone 3Gs, and I have had no problems. Many others here say the same.

In any case, I don't think this addresses the question of how well the latest OS version runs on the (I presume he's asking about the original) iPad Mini.

RoadWarrior56

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2014
I own an iPad Mini Retina (or Mini 2), and after Apple pestered me for days to update iOS to 9.3.2, I went ahead and upgraded. So far, no issues with speed or anything else. It works fine.

I would have to say that the Mini 2 is a workhorse, at least for me. This is probably the best Apple device for the money I had ever purchased (it didn't hurt that I got the 64 GB at Costco with a $100 discount right after Apple announced the Mini 3), and I have owned it for the better part of two years.

Although it is no longer the latest or fastest Mini nor does it have the best display or color palate, I can see why Apple still sells it as an entry level model. It was a huge leap over the first generation Mini, which I gave to my daughter after I bought the Mini Retina.

saxman211

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
I own an iPad Mini Retina (or Mini 2), and after Apple pestered me for days to update iOS to 9.3.2, I went ahead and upgraded. So far, no issues with speed or anything else. It works fine.

I would have to say that the Mini 2 is a workhorse, at least for me. This is probably the best Apple device for the money I had ever purchased (it didn't hurt that I got the 64 GB at Costco with a $100 discount right after Apple announced the Mini 3), and I have owned it for the better part of two years.

Although it is no longer the latest or fastest Mini nor does it have the best display or color palate, I can see why Apple still sells it as an entry level model. It was a huge leap over the first generation Mini, which I gave to my daughter after I bought the Mini Retina.

I didn't know apple still sold it! What about battery life?

psac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2009

I agree with everything here. I love my "rMini." Perfect device for work and gaming. No problems with the latest iOS at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.