Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

AeroZ

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2013
Estonia
The icons jump because your device orientation varies slightly, and since you have parallax effect enabled the icons move to the expected position..
Not really a bug!
It's a bug. The icon's shouldn't move. Only the background should move. My bug report was marked as a duplicate of another report. If it was intended then they'd say that it's not a bug.

AeroZ

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2013
Estonia
No. It should. The icons move too, it's not just the wallpaper!
Even if they do they should still move in a fluid motion not jump from one point to another.
The fix would probably be to keep parallax enabled in the background while notification center is open.

ashindnile

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2015
In my mini 2, the performance is definitely better, no placebo there.
For example, in Safari's favorites page, landscape mode, it would lag like crap when tapping on the history/bookmarks pane.
Now on iOS 9.3.3b2 it's practically gone.
However, there's still some lag(sub-25fps) when opening the home card on AppSwitcher.
Otherwise for the most part it's fine.. Until iOS 10 invariably screws it over again :D

Oh! And speaking of long standing bugs, there's still no animation in messages when you hit Edit then Done. They just snap back!

Reactions: Makale.Helvetia

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
Does auto-brightness still cause stuttering?

I was playing a game on my iPad Mini 4 last night (on 9.3.2) and my wife turned off the lights and my game lagged significantly while the iPad was adjusting brightness. That never used to happen prior to 9.3.2.

I just it's just one more area where Apple is decreasing performance with each release.

Makale.Helvetia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
İSTANBUL - TÜRKİYE
Does auto-brightness still cause stuttering?

I was playing a game on my iPad Mini 4 last night (on 9.3.2) and my wife turned off the lights and my game lagged significantly while the iPad was adjusting brightness. That never used to happen prior to 9.3.2.

I just it's just one more area where Apple is decreasing performance with each release.

9.3.3 b2 is better but not solid,still stutters happening but not so much as 9.3.2

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
9.3.3 b2 is better but not solid,still stutters happening but not so much as 9.3.2

That's disappointing.

I wonder why Apple is having such a hard time fixing iOS 9.

I hope that we get the polish back in iOS 10. Maybe iOS 9 was just a temporary bandaid until they can get iOS 10 out. It would explain why they're not trying very hard with iOS 9.

Makale.Helvetia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
İSTANBUL - TÜRKİYE
That's disappointing.

I wonder why Apple is having such a hard time fixing iOS 9.

I hope that we get the polish back in iOS 10. Maybe iOS 9 was just a temporary bandaid until they can get iOS 10 out. It would explain why they're not trying very hard with iOS 9.

i don't believe iOS 10 is so solid, they said iOS 9 will be based on performance and stability, and we see how is the stability of iOS 9 :) so don't expect much more on iOS 10 ;)

ashindnile

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2015
i don't believe iOS 10 is so solid, they said iOS 9 will be based on performance and stability, and we see how is the stability of iOS 9 :) so don't expect much more on iOS 10 ;)
To be fair, iOS 9 IS stable. Not smooth and consistently 60fps, but I can't remember the last time an app crashed on me. That's far more robust than iOS 8 ever was, and android ever will be.

drillerman

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2016
To be fair, iOS 9 IS stable. Not smooth and consistently 60fps, but I can't remember the last time an app crashed on me. That's far more robust than iOS 8 ever was, and android ever will be.

perfect definition. Waiting for a smooth and Stable System! I believe in IOS 10. Apple, You can do IT!!

Reactions: Makale.Helvetia

leesweet

macrumors demi-god
Feb 1, 2009
Northern Virginia, USA
Here's one I've never seen before, but I don't usually run my battery down. But I've never heard of this.

I ran my battery to below 20% today, got the 'want to go into Low Power Mode?' and dismissed it.

Then, two of my apps (not the phone!), would not use TouchID. One turned it off, and lost the saved password (ADT Alarm portal), and the other ignored its enabled TouchID mode (1Password).

Thought I was going nuts until I charged it up over 20% and it started working again. Bug? Feature?

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
Update on my message bug: I restored as a new iPhone and the bug is gone. So I guess I can't back up. Might even help my battery life, too.

rnbwd

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2015
Seattle
It's a bug. The icon's shouldn't move. Only the background should move. My bug report was marked as a duplicate of another report. If it was intended then they'd say that it's not a bug.

marking as duplicate doesn't mean ''yes it's a bug'' they mark entries duplicate by checking at the same queries

It doesn't change the fact that icons shouldn't move or jump anywhere.

yes it shouldn't, looking weird but it's not preventing you to use your device fluently. maybe they can solve it on the final release.

I haven't said that this prevents me from using my device. I'm just reporting bugs/fixes in the latest beta.

No. It should. The icons move too, it's not just the wallpaper!

Even if they do they should still move in a fluid motion not jump from one point to another.
The fix would probably be to keep parallax enabled in the background while notification center is open.

should or shouldn't :) it's not a dead-end thing for me, 9.3.2 is stable enough, even 9.3.3 beta 2, a little bit silky than 9.3.2

Stuttering sometimes when adjusting auto brightness. I can see it when unlocking my phone with Touch ID and logging into springboard. I feel the animation still stutters sometimes. Not so often but still.

It's actually an ios10 preview ui design - only given to 1% of beta testers. App wiggle actually facilitates a more intimate experience using the device. It's not announced public yet so please don't mention it before the official announcement

Last edited by a moderator:

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
Stuttering sometimes when adjusting auto brightness. I can see it when unlocking my phone with Touch ID and logging into springboard. I feel the animation still stutters sometimes. Not so often but still.
I have Automatic Brightness on and I'm seeing no stutters in my 6sPlus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.