Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nayazdragneel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2015
Hi everyone,

I have an issue concerning the 9.3.3 tethered jailbreak. I will try to explain as clear as possible below.
I jailbroke my Iphone 6s plus (64 gb) on 9.3.3 using the computer method and it worked fine. Got the chinese PPapp, clicked the circle and got cydia working. Installed tweaks like bytafont3, zeppelin, spin settings alkaline.
Everything worked fine until later i connected my phone to my laptop to charge, on my phone it asked me to trust this computer i clicked trust, however the Pangu app opened on my laptop and had something but since it's in chinese i didn't understand what to click on so i just closed the app.
Now when i tried to install new tweaks on cydia, this was not possible because it said i need to manually fix the package something like that. Looked up the web for that problem, solution was to reset network settings. When i reset network settings, my phone rebooted and since then cydia won't open, had 2 PP apps, only 1 is there, and bytafont icon is there but won't open. Please look at the attachment.I cannot remove cydia or the PPapp or bytafont.
What can i do to remove these apps and be on a clean unjailbroken iOS?

Thanks for taking time to read this.

Attachments

• IMG_1885.PNG
    IMG_1885.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 234

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California
Worse case scenario, you can DFU restore the device via iTunes and then re-jailbreak. Someone may have an easier fix, but that's what I'd do to be clean.

nayazdragneel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2015
What do you mean by DFU restore? i think i'll probably wait for the untethered jailbreak now. Please tell me the details what you mean by DFU, thanks mate.

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California
What do you mean by DFU restore? i think i'll probably wait for the untethered jailbreak now. Please tell me the details what you mean by DFU, thanks mate.

It's a method used to put the device in a state in which the device can be restored to new. It's done by holding down the home and volume buttons in a special way.

https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/DFU_Mode

Don't restore from a backup. Always set up as new so you don't bring any bugs back.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
I would redownload the jb app using the safari method.
If it still fails then DFU and restore as new or use a pre-jb backup

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.