Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Better than iOS 9.3.3?

• Total voters

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Totally agree with you. If we need to adjust it manually, then we are going backwards already. Actually, the manual button should be a thing of the past.
You need to see the full issue with Jason A. Its not that the auto doesn't work, the issue is it DOES work. He seems to experience an issue while gaming and someone flips on or off a light nearby, while it adjusts he gets some lag for a moment or two. So flipping it off totally while gaming is a workaround.

Any thoughts about the battery life on 9.3.4? Mine seems to be worse compared to 9.3.3...
Seems about the same. Typically iOS changes dont really effect battery in my experience. Its usually some process or app. Only in a few cases that I can remember where Apple stated battery improvements or a bug causing a battery issue was fixed.

Apple revisited this bug again... Fixed in 9.3.3 but they broke it again in 9.3.4, or some issues with updating caused this again

After u import photos (taken in camera app) to Mac , and delete photos Mac via "image Capture" "delete" red symobl tool, image(s) are gone from the phone, but the thumbnail still appears in camera app (bottom left links to photos app), yet when u tap the image, No photos are displayed.

I remember the "fix" for this last time was not update, but a restore.... (am still trying to justify "why* an update alone would do this). Apple has no idea why it happens after an update. (and no photos previously in camera roll before update).

Getting the same battery like in 9.3.4
This may be fixed by "reset all settings" verses a restore. Clearly if restoring fixes it then its not technically an issue/bug in iOS 9.3.4. I typically close all apps then reboot device before applying a new update. Never seem to have any issues doing it that way. So may be worth a try. Makes since to me to clear out ram and stop processes before updating an OS.

Last edited:

kingdf

Cancelled
Feb 18, 2014
United States
My battery life got worse. On 9.3.3 I still had that typical good iPhone 6+ battery life but now on 9.3.4 it drains significantly faster. I've tried resetting network settings multiple times and even did another restore but it's still the same. Anything I can do to get back to that good battery life I had previously?

simon lefisch

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2014
I typically close all apps then reboot deice before applying a new update. Never seem to have any issues doing it that way. So may be worth a try. Makes since to me to clear our ram and stop processes before updating an OS.
This is exactly what I do before every update as well. Have not had a single prob with an update.

Reactions: sbailey4

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
My battery life got worse. On 9.3.3 I still had that typical good iPhone 6+ battery life but now on 9.3.4 it drains significantly faster. I've tried resetting network settings multiple times and even did another restore but it's still the same. Anything I can do to get back to that good battery life I had previously?
try "reset all settings". Especially if you are restoring a backup after the restore.

Reactions: havrdaj

kingdf

Cancelled
Feb 18, 2014
United States
try "reset all settings". Especially if you are restoring a backup after the restore.
I totally missed that, I'll try that instead. Thanks.

Ok so doing this made my phone even faster. Like it was already fast but it feels like I completely wiped the phone and it runs zippy quick like when I first bought it two years ago. I dig it. The battery issue seems to be solved for now too.

Last edited:

robbents99

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2001
Directly under the sun....now.
Anyone with a iPad 9.5 pro having problems since 9.3.4 installed? Like severe battery drain? Screen fresh problems i.e. going to general and software update and the text looping/refreshing between checking and up to date? My iPhone 6S isn't having problems.

Last edited:

Suspended
Oct 13, 2015
Has anyone experienced a total loss of sound since updating to 9.3.4?

I have had to reboot my phone many times since the update as the sound suddenly just stops. Cant play music, no ring tones or alert tones, no anything. A reboot fixes it but then it happens again. Blutooth is off so i know i am not connected to my headset.

Racineur

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2013
Montréal, Québec
Battery Life on iPad Air II. 9,6 hours instead of 10.1 average on 9.3.3. and 11,7 average on 9.3.1. So not good for me on Air Pad II but better on iPhone 5 S as cited in a previous post. So damn mad of seeing my battery life going down the drain after each update that I'm now doing all I can to drain the battery as quick as possible. You wanna drain, then let me help you. At least, no other problems with 9.3.4. Nothing.

P.S. iPad and iPhone were reset after update to 9.3.4. Updated via iTunes.

Last edited:

Gypsy36

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2013
Canada
After updating to 9.3.4 i lost all of my Apple Music that i have downloaded. Again. Just awesome. 20 gigs of select music just gone.

It might not be the update. I do not use Apple Music but at some point over the last three or so days I lost all my music and my playlists. I didn't update or do anything that I can think of to cause it.

It all came back when I synced but, of course, I was away when it happened and had a long drive home. So weird and annoying.

DCIFRTHS

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2008
Totally agree with you. If we need to adjust it manually, then we are going backwards already. Actually, the manual button should be a thing of the past.

I wouldn't like it if the "manual" button was removed. Auto adjustment doesn't work for my eyes.

Reactions: havrdaj

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
Appstore is acting wierd after this update.. When checkin an app Appstore may say:

Using iphone: "this app is only available for iphone"
Using ipad: "this app is only available for ipad"

:D

mythdemon

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2011
San Diego, California
After updating to 9.3.4 on my iPhone and iPad, I'm unable to pair my Bluetooth headphones :(

Tried resetting all settings, and going through the headphones manual as well. Seems like some people have been seeing this from 9.3.2 onwards.

Any suggestions?

At Sea

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2016
The Midwest, USA
Don't know what to think about overall battery life with 9.3.4; some days it seems bad, other days with the same workload and it's fine.

Racineur

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2013
Montréal, Québec
Don't know what to think about overall battery life with 9.3.4; some days it seems bad, other days with the same workload and it's fine.

Don't think. Much thinking with numerous issues with battery life on my iPhone and iPad after 9.3.1, almost ruined all fun with my devices. I think Apple cannot deliver a device with top of the notch battery life. It's a trade-in: more functionalities, less battery life. Wait till iOS 10 comes out. Posts on the bad battery life will fill the board. More of the same. Sarcasm...

havrdaj

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2014

Its normal, how did you meassure backround services?
there is no "same workload"

This is very good update. I have smooth system with one hour extra battery life on 5s

Gryfter

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Upgraded from 9.3.3 for a little over a week now and no complaints. Battery life even feels a bit better.

I always update my phone hardwired through iTunes, never OTA. I always back up first, set up with the new update as new phone, dont save and then redo the install with the backed up data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.