Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
They fixed fonts that were squishing together on the next to highest "Text Size" setting. :)

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
I wrote a feedback (amongst numerous other feedbacks) to Apple that after Beta 4, Real Racing 3 crashed on opening and lo and behold, that evening I got an email from an Apple engineer saying that Beta 4 was fully compatible. I emailed Electronic Arts ( the issue is well known) as its on their support site, and got the standard answer that iOS Betas are not compatible with the game.....

I informed them that the game has been playing perfectly throughout all the betas, obviously they didn't like my reply.... As they replied that I should roll back to 9.2.1....

Great customer support.....
What do you expect from EA? They're one of the worst developers who turn iOS games into pay to win garbage.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
t s

Ugh Apple, I can't remotely think of why they would need to disable night shift in low power mode. When LPM is enabled now, and you go to display settings for night shift, it says night shift is disable when low power mode is enabled. Aren't both features most likely to be used at the same time? Feedback submitted but it was great until beta 4.
Possibly because Night Shift used additional battery power? Can you still enable it manually after you enable LPM? As for features being used at the same time, sometimes they might be and other times they might not be, no specific connection really.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
What do you expect from EA? They're one of the worst developers who turn iOS games into pay to win garbage.
Actually, EA isn't as bad. They will respond. Its Firemonkey that is the problem. Anytime I have a problem with EA, I can contact the BBB and EA gets back to me directly to solve the issue. FM is located in Australia, so BBB does nothing.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Wrong! Go to General->Storage & iCloud usage and delete the already downloaded old beta. Reboot and you should see the new version as the OTA
I saw this response too late to stop my update to 4. Or I thought it was 4, but the system just skipped it by itself. 5 downloading now, very slowly over my company's guest network.

jess222

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2010
CA
I too can report that the Apple Watch notifications seem to be fixed! So happy :D maybe it's just me but animations seems smoother on my watch as well, not sure if that's possible from an iPhone update…lol

leesweet

macrumors demi-god
Feb 1, 2009
Northern Virginia, USA
When you delete PB4 (as I did), you get the 'total' PB5. 1.7 GB (or whatever). Eek. Should have left it there and installed both of them today. My bad. :(

I guess that would have worked?

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Actually, EA isn't as bad. They will respond. Its Firemonkey that is the problem. Anytime I have a problem with EA, I can contact the BBB and EA gets back to me directly to solve the issue. FM is located in Australia, so BBB does nothing.
Well I'm not going to argue. EA is mostly hated in the gaming community.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Well I'm not going to argue. EA is mostly hated in the gaming community.
I'm not arguing, they are awful, but FM is even worse. But at least there are backdoors to get things resolved with EA if you have massive problems.

Menopause

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2011
I fail to understand why there's been no Public Beta version of watchOS 2.2. watchOS 2.1 is absolutely effing terrible with the iOS 9.3 PB series.

Reactions: The Doctor11

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I fail to understand why there's been no Public Beta version of watchOS 2.2. watchOS 2.1 is absolutely effing terrible with the iOS 9.3 PB series.
Because if you have a problem with WatchOS you cannot downgrade. iOS/OSX you can. Same reason why there is not tvOS PB.

Reactions: g-7

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
Notification center still not showing weather. Not sure what else to try.

Maybe try resetting the bottom option in the general-reset. I don't have my phone set to English so don't know what it's called. But you will get the location prompt in all apps again.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
And as far as I know, the only problem has been the notification one from PB4. What other issues have there been?
I think you might have meant to quote the person above me. I was only responding to the reason why there is no watch PB.

hugomingoia

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2015
New York
- Tapping the Night Shift icon in the Notification center no longer displays options. It just disables Night Shift now.

Also, turning on or off the screen make the music glitching a bit. This is new with this beta, does somebody has the same issue?

Andrew.s

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2007
Inland Empire
Colored dots were removed from the Night Shift settings page and tapping the icon from Control Center no longer has the popup like in previous betas.

b0hr

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2016
can anyone check if Night Mode stays on after battery safe mode kicks in? mine kept switching to manual once i hit 20 %. pretty annoying
Night Mode is now completely disabled in Low Power Mode

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Dammit

image.png

Reactions: The Doctor11

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
- Tapping the Night Shift icon in the Notification center no longer displays options. It just disables Night Shift now.

Also, turning on or off the screen make the music glitching a bit. This is new with this beta, does somebody has the same issue?

Enabling gives you options. Disabling has always just turned it off for me. Running beta 4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.