iOS 9.3 improves 3D touch

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by aevan, Mar 23, 2016.

1. aevan macrumors 68000

aevan

Multitasking is now much easier, and has a light taptic feedback.

Also, the 3D touch press on the keyboard to call up the cursor is now much easier too. I had issues if I pressed hard at once, especially on keys that have multiple touch-and-hold variants.

Really pleased.

2. vertsix macrumors 65816

vertsix

Yeah, some improvements were made but I still detest the 3D Touch multitasking gesture.

3. aevan thread starter macrumors 68000

aevan

To each his own. I use it all the time and quite like it.

4. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

I use it all the time and like it. Different strokes ....

5. Chris in DC macrumors regular

Still having mixed results with the damn 3D Touch keyboard cursor function. Why is it proving so hard for them to get it to work consistently?

6. yep-sure, Mar 23, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016

yep-sure macrumors 6502

yep-sure

RE: the keyboard 3D Touch gesture

It annoys me how you can only use it for text you are composing.

I want to use it to help select static passages of text, which is still a major frustration on iOS. (I actually think the horrible handling of text manipulation is one of the main things that's holding the iPad back from being a full OSX replacement).

Also, I see no real improvement in it on 9.3. Composing this text I used it twice successfuly, then it failed every time I tried it after that.

7. vertsix macrumors 65816

vertsix

Most of the time iOS confuses it with the swipe to go back gesture. You need to apply a significant amount of pressure even on the highest sensitivity.

8. aevan thread starter macrumors 68000

aevan

Not since 9.3 - it has been greatly improved for me. A little pressure required, and no confusing sifh swipe gestures.

9. jasonklee macrumors 6502a

jasonklee

I've found using the trackpad feature is greatly more accurate now. Insertion point no longer moves when I lift my finger up. And it's great you can do a back-to-back deep press albeit with a slight delay.

And engaging the multitasking view works best for me if I press down on the edge first instead of trying to do a press and slide in one motion—although that maneuver seems more reliable when aiming towards the middle of the display.

10. Merkyworks macrumors 6502