iPad IOS 9.3 on iPad 2 ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by anonymous4a, Apr 9, 2016.

1. anonymous4a macrumors 6502

I'm on a ridiculously old ios 4 on my iPad 2 and I can't even go online . Anyone update their iPad 2 to the newest 9.3 ? How is the lag ? battery decrease ? Feel sluggish when browsing or gaming ?

2. Heat_Fan89 macrumors regular

Battery is the same for me. Safari will be pretty bad especially if you turn on JavaScript. Gaming is about the same and the UI will be more sluggish and you'll have to wait for the screen to appear once you start an app.

Best advice is to watch YouTube videos with an iPad 2 running 9.3.1 and make your decision because you can't go back to iOS 6.1.3 until a jailbreak is released.

3. ahostmadsen macrumors 6502a

I concur. Battery seems OK, watching video (Amazon, youtube) seems fine. The only game I (i.e., my son) have is minecraft, and that seems to run fine. But browsing is so slow as being nearly useless. And the whole UI is just slow.

4. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

I have an iPad 2 running 9.3.1 and it works ok. I watch Netflix on it constantly, I use the Facebook App (very slow, clicking outside links, other than that fine). I play Simpsons tapped out and Asphalt 8. I don't have any problem with any of these functions. I even do some web browsing and for light work it's not bad at all. I wouldn't go back. it just works. Kinda like me, a little slow, but it works.

5. Keirasplace macrumors 68040

IOS on 9.3.1 works fine except a bit slow to start/switch apps, Web site though are two times bigger than in 2011, so that impacts Safari a lot (but, that's more lack of memory in the Ipad 2 than a IOS 9.3.1 problem).

6. eyeseeyou macrumors 68000