iOS 9.3 on iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by peglegjack, Mar 25, 2016.

1. peglegjack macrumors 6502

peglegjack

It's not my main phone anymore, but I updated it anyway just to see how it went, and I have to say it's miles and miles beyond the initial iOS 8 and 9 debacles. I didn't even have any of the effects turned off, and while it's not my 6S by any means, it ran well enough to the point where I can say that it would still be an extremely usable phone for anyone who stayed on that path. Much much much better than 9.0-9.1 for sure.

2. Christoffee macrumors regular

Christoffee

Well, I could've kept my 4S instead of upgrading! Damn it!

3. iTom17 macrumors 6502a

iTom17

I've installed iOS 9.3 on my old iPhone 4s, and it is definitely a change indeed. Still pretty slow, but overall it works better than ever. Heck, the appswitcher launches quicker than it does on my iPhone 6s, how weird is that? xD

Anyway, this is how iOS should always be on older devices. Well, it could be better of course, but compared to iOS 9.0 it is like day and night. Hope Apple does iOS 10 better on this part. Won't be supported on the 4s anymore for sure, but I'm pretty afraid, despite not being an owner of it, the 5 and 5c will have a lot of performance issues with iOS 10.