iOS 9.3 on iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by chillip, Mar 22, 2016.

1. chillip macrumors 6502

How is everyone finding it? Seems very smooth on mine.

2. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

3. calibru_2good_4u macrumors regular

Still lags sometines .. Animations are slow comparing to iPhone 6s ..

4. MadDane macrumors 6502a

Is there any change in battery life? I have had major issues with the battery life on my iPhone 6 and previous versions of iOS 9. When I was on iOS 8 I had absolutely no issues. I am currently running 9.2 and I am hesitant to upgrade since my iPhone works perfectly fine right now, with no issues what-so-ever.

5. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

None so far? Give it a few days people!

6. MadDane macrumors 6502a

There has been a public beta for a while now. I know a lot of people here have used that one. So someone will have had experiences with this.

7. Dephibio macrumors regular

Imho, iOS 9.3 is what iOS 9 should have been when it came out. It's running great on my iPhone 6. Apart from 9.3.1 that's already in the works, I think thare's enough time for 9.4 as well.

8. Blaster13 macrumors 6502

Blaster13

Battery is pretty ***** on mine tbh. Had issues all way through with the beta. I'm going todo a full wipe and start afresh hopefully that will sort it out. If not it's a trip to apple as I think I may have issue with my battery.

Attached Files:

9. bransoj macrumors 6502a

Whats Snapchat doing to rattle your battery like that? I dont use Snapchat but is that not very high and something to look at before wandering off to Apple for a new battery!??

I'm on a 6S updated last night and my battery had hardly moved since this morning.

10. Blaster13 macrumors 6502

Blaster13

Have no idea with that been like that since the first beta. I think they may of done what Facebook did with the background music code so it circumvents background refresh.

11. MadDane macrumors 6502a

That looks pretty bad. Almost the same as my iPhone 6 used to look like. I had my battery checked at an Apple Store, and it was pretty close to 100% after a year. So that was not the issue. But thanks for the reply. I guess I'll wait a few weeks and see what the general consensus is by then :)

12. coreas692 macrumors newbie

coreas692

Lag seems to be almost completely gone on mine.

UI animations buttery smooth 98% of the time.

App launch near-instantaneous.

I could even say that it's 95% on par with what 8.4.1 was. And yeah, I think this is what iOS 9 should have been from day one. :/

Hopefully by 9.4 will be 100%!

Battery life seems as good as it always has been.

13. crashoverride77, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016

crashoverride77 macrumors 65816

Same here, it did wonders on my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6. Stutter is basically gone and they nailed the task switcher on iPhones finally, it is so fast now.
    Animations definitely also seem a fraction faster in general, overall it is just a sweet update.

14. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I'm finding since this last update my phone is laggy as hell. I press an app and it takes about 3 or 4 seconds to open. It's not the buttery smooth experience I have always loved on my iPhone and I'm pretty frustrated with it. :(

15. coreas692 macrumors newbie

coreas692

Anyone else having problems related to the Health App?

Maybe it's due to incompatibility issues with the particular app and it will be resolved in a future update with Lifesum (app) but it isn't reading/picking up properly exercise/workout activity that has been previously been input into the Helath app from either a third party app or the M8 co processor (Helth and Fitness tracking).

It's inconsistent and overal unreliable. It started since iOS 9.3 beta 7 and its carried on to the final release.

Anyone el use the app that has experienced something similar?

16. Merkie macrumors 68020

What version are you coming from?

17. oMc macrumors 6502

oMc

Yeah that's not great. I am currently at 64% remaining with almost 3 hours of usage (5h30 total idle time) and I have done some gaming (light gaming with small games like Grand Prix Story, but still).

18. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Thanks i'll back it up this afternoon and do a restore, see if that sorts it. My iPad Air is fine incidentally. I'm sure it's an easy fix. :)

19. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

No I don't think a few seconds delay is normal hence why I said since I updated to 9.3 my phone is laggy. There was absolutely no suggestion from me that I thought this was the same for everybody. I can't speak for other people.

I don't think my phone is at fault either as it was fast and fluid until I did the update.

Your tone with me is totally uncalled for. I posted my observation hoping somebody else might have the issue and could help me, not to be attacked.

Don't worry I'm a long time iPhone user and love it. I'm not trying to hurt loyal fans feelings here.

20. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

well, clearly something's wrong in your iPhone... 3 seconds delay is just insane.
    Try a DFU restore and then, if the issue persists , take it to an Apple Store.

21. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I think it's more a software glitch than a hardware problem. As I said it was pretty much an instant issue once my phone had restarted after the 9.3 update. Before that point the phone was fine and has been since September 2014. In fact this is the most reliable iPhone I've owned. I certainly hope it's not a £200 replacement as the phone is out of its official warranty.

22. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

I think it's software related too.
    A restore as new and a couple days of observation (before installing apps) are the best things to do.

23. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

I must say your answer leaves a little to be.....

Did you get out of the bed on the wrong side or do you have issues in your life?