Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MadDane

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2015
Is there any change in battery life? I have had major issues with the battery life on my iPhone 6 and previous versions of iOS 9. When I was on iOS 8 I had absolutely no issues. I am currently running 9.2 and I am hesitant to upgrade since my iPhone works perfectly fine right now, with no issues what-so-ever.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Is there any change in battery life? I have had major issues with the battery life on my iPhone 6 and previous versions of iOS 9. When I was on iOS 8 I had absolutely no issues. I am currently running 9.2 and I am hesitant to upgrade since my iPhone works perfectly fine right now, with no issues what-so-ever.
None so far? Give it a few days people!

Dephibio

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2013
Imho, iOS 9.3 is what iOS 9 should have been when it came out. It's running great on my iPhone 6. Apart from 9.3.1 that's already in the works, I think thare's enough time for 9.4 as well.

Reactions: decafjava

Blaster13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2015

Battery is pretty ***** on mine tbh. Had issues all way through with the beta. I'm going todo a full wipe and start afresh hopefully that will sort it out. If not it's a trip to apple as I think I may have issue with my battery.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    131.1 KB · Views: 224
  • image.png
    image.png
    128.5 KB · Views: 221

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
Whats Snapchat doing to rattle your battery like that? I dont use Snapchat but is that not very high and something to look at before wandering off to Apple for a new battery!??

I'm on a 6S updated last night and my battery had hardly moved since this morning.

Blaster13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2015
Whats Snapchat doing to rattle your battery like that? I dont use Snapchat but is that not very high and something to look at before wandering off to Apple for a new battery!??

I'm on a 6S updated last night and my battery had hardly moved since this morning.
Have no idea with that been like that since the first beta. I think they may of done what Facebook did with the background music code so it circumvents background refresh.

MadDane

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2015
Battery is pretty ***** on mine tbh. Had issues all way through with the beta. I'm going todo a full wipe and start afresh hopefully that will sort it out. If not it's a trip to apple as I think I may have issue with my battery.
That looks pretty bad. Almost the same as my iPhone 6 used to look like. I had my battery checked at an Apple Store, and it was pretty close to 100% after a year. So that was not the issue. But thanks for the reply. I guess I'll wait a few weeks and see what the general consensus is by then :)

coreas692

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2015
Nicaragua
Lag seems to be almost completely gone on mine.

UI animations buttery smooth 98% of the time.

App launch near-instantaneous.

I could even say that it's 95% on par with what 8.4.1 was. And yeah, I think this is what iOS 9 should have been from day one. :/

Hopefully by 9.4 will be 100%!

Battery life seems as good as it always has been.

crashoverride77

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2014
Lag seems to be almost completely gone on mine.

UI animations buttery smooth 98% of the time.

App launch near-instantaneous.

I could even say that it's 95% on par with what 8.4.1 was. And yeah, I think this is what iOS 9 should have been from day one. :/

Hopefully by 9.4 will be 100%!

Battery life seems as good as it always has been.

Same here, it did wonders on my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6. Stutter is basically gone and they nailed the task switcher on iPhones finally, it is so fast now.
Animations definitely also seem a fraction faster in general, overall it is just a sweet update.

Last edited:

coreas692

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2015
Nicaragua
Anyone else having problems related to the Health App?

Maybe it's due to incompatibility issues with the particular app and it will be resolved in a future update with Lifesum (app) but it isn't reading/picking up properly exercise/workout activity that has been previously been input into the Helath app from either a third party app or the M8 co processor (Helth and Fitness tracking).

It's inconsistent and overal unreliable. It started since iOS 9.3 beta 7 and its carried on to the final release.

Anyone el use the app that has experienced something similar?

Merkie

macrumors 68020
Oct 23, 2008
I'm finding since this last update my phone is laggy as hell. I press an app and it takes about 3 or 4 seconds to open. It's not the buttery smooth experience I have always loved on my iPhone and I'm pretty frustrated with it. :(
What version are you coming from?

oMc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2010
Finland & France

Yeah that's not great. I am currently at 64% remaining with almost 3 hours of usage (5h30 total idle time) and I have done some gaming (light gaming with small games like Grand Prix Story, but still).

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I agree with you on the tone of one of the responses, fwiw. No need for that.

Something is not right. My son has an iphone 6 and we were discussing 9.3 and he said he likes the update.

Things should open near instantaneously. And you kind of know the drill. :(
1. turn off
2. reset
3. DFU restore

Or maybe you can take it into an apple store and show them what is going on?
Thanks i'll back it up this afternoon and do a restore, see if that sorts it. My iPad Air is fine incidentally. I'm sure it's an easy fix. :)

Reactions: I7guy

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
[doublepost=1459083419][/doublepost]

So you think few seconds delay is normal? Restart your phone, softReset your phone or try something else. If that doesn't help than go to the apple store because something is wrong with your phone.
Coming here and saying what you said is therefore still BS because its clearly not indicative of reality.
No I don't think a few seconds delay is normal hence why I said since I updated to 9.3 my phone is laggy. There was absolutely no suggestion from me that I thought this was the same for everybody. I can't speak for other people.

I don't think my phone is at fault either as it was fast and fluid until I did the update.

Your tone with me is totally uncalled for. I posted my observation hoping somebody else might have the issue and could help me, not to be attacked.

Don't worry I'm a long time iPhone user and love it. I'm not trying to hurt loyal fans feelings here.

Reactions: calibru_2good_4u

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
I'm finding since this last update my phone is laggy as hell. I press an app and it takes about 3 or 4 seconds to open. It's not the buttery smooth experience I have always loved on my iPhone and I'm pretty frustrated with it. :(
well, clearly something's wrong in your iPhone... 3 seconds delay is just insane.
Try a DFU restore and then, if the issue persists , take it to an Apple Store.

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
well, clearly something's wrong in your iPhone... 3 seconds delay is just insane.
Try a DFU restore and then, if the issue persists , take it to an Apple Store.
I think it's more a software glitch than a hardware problem. As I said it was pretty much an instant issue once my phone had restarted after the 9.3 update. Before that point the phone was fine and has been since September 2014. In fact this is the most reliable iPhone I've owned. I certainly hope it's not a £200 replacement as the phone is out of its official warranty.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
I think it's more a software glitch than a hardware problem. As I said it was pretty much an instant issue once my phone had restarted after the 9.3 update. Before that point the phone was fine and has been since September 2014. In fact this is the most reliable iPhone I've owned. I certainly hope it's not a £200 replacement as the phone is out of its official warranty.
I think it's software related too.
A restore as new and a couple days of observation (before installing apps) are the best things to do.

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.