iOS 9 and darker wallpaper

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Itzamna, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Itzamna macrumors regular

Is just me or whenever we use the app manager (double click on the home button) and go back to the normal screen, the wallpaper gets darker and less vivid? It will get with normal colours after locking and unlocking. It's very subtle, but i'm 99% certain that there is a colour difference.

Anyone else noticed this?

2. Itzamna thread starter macrumors regular

Definitely it gets slightly darker and duller... I've tried to compare with the same photo on the photos app and it's darker! Not by much, but there is a difference.

iPhone 6 here.

3. Bjm16 macrumors newbie

I'm not having the issue. I think your eyes could be tricking you, especially if your recently open apps have lots of white space.

4. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

no. fine here. as with every release every year, placebos are left & right & too many are looking for problems & flaws (some on purpose, some not)

5. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

I started experiencing this issue with iOS 8.4 on my iPhone 6. It only happened a handful of times. A few hours after I updated to iOS 9, it happened on my iPad Air. My quick fix is to open Control Center and adjust the brightness. It's quick, and it works.