iOS 9 Battery Icon Colour Not Showing

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by benfellowshd, Oct 27, 2015.

1. benfellowshd macrumors newbie

benfellowshd

After the release of iOS 9, many features were discovered. Especially lots of small ones like the battery icon, and how it now shows colour depending on the battery level.

People around me who have iOS devices this was fine for, and showed up. Even though it's not a big deal, I'm slightly frustrated as my icon does not show colour. Is there a reason?

2. gordon1234 macrumors 6502a

Nothing has changed about the colors of the battery icon, except that it now turns yellow when low power mode is active.

The battery icon is normally black and white, but turns green when plugged in, red when under 20%, and yellow when in low power mode. This has been the case for years. Are you saying you don't see any of these colors when these conditions are met? Screenshots would be appreciated. Please take screenshots when connected to power, with low power mode active, and with battery below 20%.

My guess? You saw someone's phone plugged in with a green icon and assumed it was always supposed to look like that.

3. benfellowshd thread starter macrumors newbie

benfellowshd

I agree that it is usually black & white, that it becomes red when at 20% or less, and that it turns green when connected to power. However, even when the battery is at a certain level (let's say 30%) for other people I know, colour shows up - in this case yellow as it is below 50%.

4. gordon1234 macrumors 6502a

Yellow means Low Power Mode is on. It has nothing to do with the current battery level:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. benfellowshd thread starter macrumors newbie

benfellowshd

As it's late, I can't get screenshots right now. But I shall.

6. lint2015 macrumors member

As already stated above, it turns yellow when Low Power Mode is on.

7. Mickyuki Suspended

Mickyuki

gordon1234 is right, you saw yellow because your friend has turned Low Power Mode on.