iOS 9 Battery Widget

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by savvase, Sep 24, 2015.

1. savvase macrumors newbie

I am using an iPhone 6 plus with iOS 9.01 installed and an apple watch. When i activate the new battery widget on iPhone it works ok but if my apple watch disconnects because i walk away from the phone the widget disappears and the only way to reappear is to reset either the watch or the phone does anyone has a solution for this? Thanks.

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

The widget only works if you have a Bluetooth device connected that is capable of sending battery readout information. Such as the Apple Watch or Powerbeats 2 Wireless headphones. There is no need for the widget if you don't have your watch connected because you can see your own battery level at the top right corner.

3. savvase thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes i know that but when the apple watch reconnects with the iPhone the widget does not appear again until i restart the iPhone or the watch.

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Just tested it here, do not have that issue. Have you unpaired and repaired your watch since upgrading to 2.0?

5. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

It's funny, it shows the battery level of car stereo as well.

6. savvase thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes i have also done a full reset and started from scratch

7. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

That's odd. Mine shows my car stereo all the time- even when away from the car and bluetooth off, yet the watch only appears when actively paired to the phone.

I wonder if you need to do a clean install of iOS 9 on your phone.