iOS 9 Beta 1 on iPhone 5s

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by seme332, Jun 9, 2015.

1. seme332 macrumors regular

seme332

***DISCLAIMER***

Please no comments about that this is beta and it is expected to have bugs. I know that very well! :)

***START***

So, is it just me or does the iPhone 5s feel very slow and laggy on iOS 9? There seem to be huge bugs everywhere and lots of stuttering. My phone fells like a iPhone 4/s with iOS 7/8. Also: lots of people keep saying this is an awesome first beta, I guess they must be on other devices? What do other 5s owners think? Bug and responsive hell or great first Beta?

Thanks!

2. Polaroid macrumors 6502a

Runs perfectly for me and not seen any bugs yet lol

3. seme332 thread starter macrumors regular

seme332

The worse bug I've had so far is that in the "Telegram" messenger as soon as I type more then 1 line of text instantly crashes :s

4. bramvo macrumors newbie

bramvo

iOS9 Runs pretty good on my iPhone 5s, haven't seen any major bugs or crashes, speed is good, can't really see a difference between iOS9 and iOS8.

5. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

Works good, let me give you some examples:
    -when in multitasking, there is this blur effect that makes the swiping really laggy
    -CC lags really bad, it's using an iphone 4s on ios 7
    -the rotation animation on keyboard has a slight lag
    -when opening folders after a reboot, they lag

6. macintoshmac macrumors 65816

macintoshmac

Please reinstall. It may work better. Also, see with just native apps and add few apps, not all at once. You may be surprised to find some app that just sits there and makes the entire OS look bad. For me, it works very good, I am not very happy with Wifi connectivity now as it reverts to mobile data off and on, but that's it. Nothing else.

7. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

So you say I should use my iphone with no apps? Great, thanks Obama.

8. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

No, he's saying add apps slowly testing a few before you add more. The sluggishness could be due to a particular app, not the OS. That's how you test Betas.

9. nigameash macrumors 6502

Runs well for me, no major issues.

Can someone post the default home screens for iOS 9?

10. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

I was going to install 9.0 Beta 1 to play with it but I just saw that 8.4 Beta 4 is out so I will install that instead since 8.3 beta 3 has been really stable.

11. pacorob macrumors 65816

pacorob

I may hope that this is Beta related because i hope/would expect that the iPhone 5s and e.g. iPad mini2 which i own both will run iOS9 when going live in September.
    Sorry no Beta tester myself. But i would love to see further response in this topic.

12. blahbrah macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if Intelligence is coming over to the iPhone 5s too? Are there any features that were announced that are being left out for the 5s?

13. karter16 macrumors member

I'm running it on a 5 - no problems at all, no slower than iOS8

14. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

It seems the iPhone 5s has it. I haven't heard of any missing features.

15. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I'm getting a lot of "stuttering" on my 6 too. I'm confident that it's just a temporary issue and will be fixed in a later beta.

16. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

I haven't tried it (not a developer, so yeah), but I just watch Detroitborg's iOS 9 video and yes, there seems to be quite a number of bugs. His phone seemed laggier and less responsive than it should be.

Watch the last few seconds where his iPhone 5s literally hangs on him and not even the power power works, apparently. It worked great on his iPad air2 though.

17. im_to_hyper macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

How did you install? Did you install via DFU mode and then do a restore, or just start fresh from there?

18. seme332 thread starter macrumors regular

seme332

Upgraded directly from iOS 8.4 Beta 3. That was probably the problem. I did a clean install again yesterday and just installed the bad apps first and they all had the same bugs for me. This is kind of a game changer for me so I went back to the stable 8.3, but I might go back to iOS 9 once Beta 3 or 4 are out.

19. im_to_hyper macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

Probably a solid plan! At least give most devs some time to deal with the bugs and allow the OS to get sorted out too.

20. seme332 thread starter macrumors regular

seme332

Yeah, I never expect anything from a Beta 1 but sometimes some bugs just are too bad and I switch back. Not saying anything negative about either Apple nor Developers here.