iPhone iOS 9 Beta 1 Wi-Fi Issue

Tortin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2015
Last night I attempted to connect to my school's Wi-Fi network on the beta, but after entering my username/password and accepting the network certificate, my phone is unable to connect. I don't get any error message, it just attempts to connect and then stops. Does anyone know what the issue might be?

charlieasmith96

macrumors member
May 17, 2013
I have this exact same problem at my university with Eduroam WiFi. I think it is something to do with WiFi with certain types of logins/encryptions. If anybody could help this would be great!

Tortin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2015
I was having the same issue, "Reset Network Settings" solved the problem for me.
I'm reinstalling iOS 9 to check this now. Thanks!

EDIT: Did not solve the problem for me. Still can't connect

Last edited:

macintoshmac

macrumors 68040
May 13, 2010
What I am observing is slightly different. Wifi is available via Airport Express (latest gen). It connects, and occasionally reverts back to mobile data and I have to switch wifi off and back on and wait a while for it to get back on wifi. Apple and Wifi... resolve your differences already.. Don't be a bad couple.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
What I am observing is slightly different. Wifi is available via Airport Express (latest gen). It connects, and occasionally reverts back to mobile data and I have to switch wifi off and back on and wait a while for it to get back on wifi. Apple and Wifi... resolve your differences already.. Don't be a bad couple.
I'm getting this as well, but just waiting in the WiFi screen makes it reconnect.

macintoshmac

macrumors 68040
May 13, 2010
I'm getting this as well, but just waiting in the WiFi screen makes it reconnect.
Yes. Exactly. This is another way of doing it. Going to Settings, it seems wifi is connected, and looking up and yeah, it is back. Bug, right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.