iOS 9 Beta 2 - Battery Issues

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by photogpab, Jun 29, 2015.

1. photogpab macrumors 6502

photogpab

So I heard beta 2 was great with battery issues so I went ahead and installed it. My battery dropped from 100% to 45% overnight, which never happens. I remembered some people saying there were tricks when installing these betas... I did Option+Check for Update. Was I supposed to chose "restore" instead? I also remember some people saying to reset all settings or all network settings?

Any advice is greatly appreciated...

2. smithyis macrumors newbie

Mine is the same... much better than beta 1 but still miles away from what i was getting with 8.4

3. bboucher790 macrumors 65816

bboucher790

When installing a new OS it is best restore, rather than update. If you updated and are experiencing issues, I would try re-installing BETA 2 fresh. If that doesn't work, I'd suggest reverting back to iOS 8 (assuming this is your daily driver)

Being that you're using BETA software, it should be expected to see those kind of battery issues and there may not be an easy solution.

4. asv56kx3088 macrumors 6502

On my iPad 3 which a fresh install is done, the battery drops about 20% overnight, and I have airplane mode toggled on.

5. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

6. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

I just updated like yourself to 9 b.2 from 8.4 b.4, which i was having minor battery drain & roation problems with, i'm pleased i did as i'm seeing an improvement unlike yourself. Weird how these phones can behave eh?