Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
No offense, but what the heck are you trying to say?
Um...

I know this is...ugh...:confused:

Wednesday is the last day for "early next week", so I say "late early" this week.

Thursday is the first day for "late next week", so I say "early late" this week.

And iOS 9 beta 3 was released in Wednesday, so it was released "early this week".

I should not play with such trivial details. :oops:

Sorry for wasting your time.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Where is it? Didnt Eddie Money say, "Early next week" last week?!

Eddie money?
Two-Tickets-to-Paradise.jpg

Reactions: bbfc

bahndoos

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
As much as I was impressed with beta 2, this beta 3 really blew it, especially with battery life. Don't understand why improvements get negated after being put in place...

Prabas

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2010
Europe
Typing seems different, can't tell what exactly though. Some effect/animation is missing or has changed.

Found it!

Try entering you passcode (not PIN), set it to letters and then when you type at the lock screen letters pop up a bit, so you can see what letter you pressed with your finger.

Then open Spotlight and type anything, letters aren't popping up instead they're just "push-in" or whatever you call it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ConnYoungy

nordique

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2014
Running 5s

The beta (public beta 1) is working beautifully for me now.

I did notice a bug where my battery was draining crazy fast with the power save mode on

However when I turned it off, it became very good.

So far for me, much better battery performance than 8.4 was this morning.

Phone was laggy initially but now it's running great. No other bugs noticed. All apps seems to work and load fine.

Very impressed! I really like the new font a lot too.

I have a friend who is running it on his 4s and after an initial "slowness" period where everything was lagging and slow, it's now performing much better - he states slightly better and smoother than 8.4

Blujelly

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2012
South East England
Public beta seems to be running good so far for me! One thing I'm not a fan of so far is when you're closing apps. Why are they to the far left, and not right?

It would make more sense apps to close right and continuity to the left

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
Typing seems different, can't tell what exactly though. Some effect/animation is missing or has changed.

Found it!

Try entering you passcode (not PIN), set it to letters and then when you type at the lock screen letters pop up a bit, so you can see what letter you pressed with your finger.

Then open Spotlight and type anything, letters aren't popping up instead they're just "push-in" or whatever you call it.

If you like the "old way"...Settings-General-Keyboard-Character Preview

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
Running public beta 1 and it's all good so far. Only issue I've run into so far is Siri doesn't make sound when activating (yes I have the ringer on, and checked the settings for this too).

Skoal

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2009
Public beta seems to be running good so far for me! One thing I'm not a fan of so far is when you're closing apps. Why are they to the far left, and not right?

It would make more sense apps to close right and continuity to the left

Most people are right handed and the apps scroll from left as you swipe up at approximately the middle of the screen.

stulaw11

Suspended
Jan 25, 2012
Apparently it was removed
It's a bit weird without it. All of the other virtual assistants at least beep to let you know it's listening. I do think a single quicky beep like dictation would be a better tone choice.

All they had/have to do was make it so when the ringer switch is to silent it makes no sound, beep or voice. Make it customizable with the toggle switch in the settings.

I dont think it will stay out long; or is just a bug.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
I was going to go back to Beta 3, after waiting to see if I'm getting a new phone, but since PB1 is the same as DP3, I just went ahead and put on PB1 (though even if I get a new phone I could just register the UDID on the dev account), since this way I get the feedback assistant on my phone <3

SaigoNoSamurai

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2015
San Jose, CA
any one having issue while reset all settings iPhone 6 plus?

i was on beta 3, had home screen bug and several other issues. so i tried resetting all settings, now it's stuck on white Apple progress screen with full progress bar.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
any one having issue while reset all settings iPhone 6 plus?

i was on beta 3, had home screen bug and several other issues. so i tried resetting all settings, now it's stuck on white Apple progress screen with full progress bar.
Have you tried a force restart? Thankfully I didn't do this.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
As much as I was impressed with beta 2, this beta 3 really blew it, especially with battery life. Don't understand why improvements get negated after being put in place...
Sometimes subsequent beta releases may be less stable than the previous ones as they introduce new features and tweaks. It's a common occurrence. I agree battery life isn't as good as b2 but it's still better than b1.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
I was having issues with Apple Music at first with b3 but they seem to have gone now. I think if you have good signal it works well, if you don't it doesn't.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
It's a bit weird without it. All of the other virtual assistants at least beep to let you know it's listening. I do think a single quicky beep like dictation would be a better tone choice.

All they had/have to do was make it so when the ringer switch is to silent it makes no sound, beep or voice. Make it customizable with the toggle switch in the settings.

I dont think it will stay out long; or is just a bug.

Yea, I don't think the sound is gone. If you're looking away and hear it your know what it is. When competitors use it in commercials you ignore and they play the tone as part of the comparison you look up at the TV. The watch is silent with just a buzz which the phone now matches but I think its going to return.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
I was having issues with Apple Music at first with b3 but they seem to have gone now. I think if you have good signal it works well, if you don't it doesn't.

I found that to be the case with 8.4 as well. The music app is very dependent on data. The tabs (My Music is the exception) will not load if I have a weak signal. Thankfully coverage for both WiFi and LTE are good here but there are spots that I can have issues.

Reactions: Blujelly

Blujelly

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2012
South East England
Just a quick one with iOS 9 when you swipe left or down for Spotlight search, I thought it automatically showed people to contact, locations nearby to which you could expand for more and what not.

I've checked my settings everything is on, but when I swipe it doesn't show anything, except for the search bar

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
Just a quick one with iOS 9 when you swipe left or down for Spotlight search, I thought it automatically showed people to contact, locations nearby to which you could expand for more and what not.

I've checked my settings everything is on, but when I swipe it doesn't show anything, except for the search bar

There is nothing else to turn on, if you don't see anything after a while it's an issue with your specific device. You could try a few things to get it going like restart or reload but then again maybe wait for the next update and see if it shows up. Outside of settings-general-spotlight search you have nothing to change. Assuming everything is on there just keep trying to get it reset. Mine did not show for a few hours but did eventually show up.

skwood

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013
England
There is nothing else to turn on, if you don't see anything after a while it's an issue with your specific device. You could try a few things to get it going like restart or reload but then again maybe wait for the next update and see if it shows up. Outside of settings-general-spotlight search you have nothing to change. Assuming everything is on there just keep trying to get it reset. Mine did not show for a few hours but did eventually show up.

I would agree with this, it seems very temperamental. It comes and goes for me, but is generally more reliable on my iPad Air than my iPhone 6.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.