IOS 9 Beta and WatchOS 1.01

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by GerWol, Aug 11, 2015.

1. GerWol macrumors newbie

GerWol

Hi,

I am about to get myself an Apple Watch. I am currently running the PB of IOS 9 on my iPhone 6. Are there any problems with the IOS 9 PB and watchOS 1 working together? Should I rather go back to IOS 8.4 on my phone?

Advice in this regard will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

2. cschmelz macrumors 6502

It works. I have had to re-pair my watch several times since going to 9 PB but it seems to be fine now.

3. GerWol thread starter macrumors newbie

GerWol

Thanks. I have picked up elsewhere that the initial link with an Apple watch needs to be with IOS 8.4. If one subsequently upgrades the phone to IOS 9 Beta, all will still be well (with maybe a re-pair every now and again). However , if the first paring with a new watch is with IOS 9 PB then there may be more trouble. What was your experience?

4. antnee macrumors regular

watchOS beta 5 is pretty damn stable FYI. I am using it as my daily driver.

5. Creek0512 macrumors 6502

Not true, I just got an Apple Watch and paired it to my iPhone running iOS 9 Beta with no problem.

I haven't noticed any issues, except some 3rd party Watch apps don't seem to work which I am assuming is related to the iOS 9 Beta. For example, the ESPN app on Watch just says "Sign in to the ESPN app on your iPhone" constantly, even though I already am signed in.

6. kingc0bra macrumors regular

kingc0bra

Ive had issues with a lot of apps when running the ios9 beta...I would stick with 8.4 if I was you...

7. makdeniss macrumors member

makdeniss

Before Public Beta 3 of iOS9 I had to re pair the watch once a week, because the sync data was incorrect. But after public beta 3 arrived, nothing like that occurred again.