Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erio

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
Hi,

Does anyone know how to clear the dial pad? I saved someone's phone number a few months ago. Each time I multitask switch to the phone app, the person's phone keeps showing for a few seconds and then disappears.

I saved someone else's phone number, but the the other one still shows up. It's really annoying. I deleted the person from my contacts, and their phone number still shows up!

Anyone have an idea on how to fix this? Please let me know and thank you!

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Have you tried closing the phone app completely from the app switcher? It's possible that what you are seeing briefly is the snapshot it took of the app for its card in the app switcher.

Retired Cat

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2013
When I use the App Switcher by double clicking the home button, the phone app card continues to display what I dialed a long time ago (specifically, the code to bring up the Field Test menu). I've dialed other numbers and codes since.

I already tried (1) manually closing the phone app and (2) re-booting the iPhone.

Anyone else notice previously dialed number(s) persisting in the app switcher? The image seems to be stuck.

venividivigor

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2013
When your on the dial pad, clear any number that's already been dialed in, tap on the green call button again and your last dialed number will show up again. Clear it once more and your recent call will be deleted

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.