iOS 9 concept using Yosemite design

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by BillyMatt87, Jun 8, 2014.

1. BillyMatt87 macrumors 6502a

Anyone who's good with photoshop, illustrator, etc.:

I think the UI design of OS X Yosemite shows a more mature and refined look and feel than iOS 7/8 even though it's supposed to better resemble it. I think maybe Jony Ive has grown as a software designer and I hope iOS 9 or 10 starts to take more design cues from its Mac counterpart.

I would love to see somebody create a mockup of iOS 9 using the design elements of Yosemite. I think it would be a great way to maybe see the evolution of Apple's new Ui direction.

2. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

What would be different - except maybe the icons? All the transparency was taken from iOS to Yosemite, so apart from the icons I don't really see what would be that different.

3. BillyMatt87 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yosemite has more legible text, actual buttons, not overly white and a proper use of translucency and drop shadows. It's a more practical UI design and while it embraces some laments of iOS 7's flat design, it creates a proper balance between that and the UI of Mavericks. I think that by bringing the more refined and improved design over to iOS would be a logical move and very likely too.