iOS 9 Dark Mode please :)

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by quackers82, Apr 28, 2015.

1. quackers82 macrumors 6502

I still to this day prefer the look of iOS 6, the flat design of iOS 7 never really felt as nice to the eye. Until I got my apple watch and saw the watch settings app. I love the menus, the dark look is great ! I'm hoping Apple make iOS 9 have this all over as a dark mode. :cool:

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Many have been hoping it would have been there in iOS 8 already. Let's hope it's there in iOS 9 at least.

3. quackers82 thread starter macrumors 6502

Added a screenshot for those who don't have the watch or seen the settings page.

Attached Files:

4. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

I think once iPhone moves to OLED, they will have a dark mode. This way it will also save battery (in addition to allowing a different aesthetic).

5. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

Agreed, having an optional dark mode could attract more users. I say "optional" because I've never been a fan of dark user interfaces, but I can see how it could attract users who prefer such a system. I feel this would add to the theming and personalization quality of the device.

I'll have to agree with the OP, iOS 6 was beautiful.. the current UI, not so much. Yes, dark mode please :)

6. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I would like it too. Right now I invert colors and grayscale, but that doesn't always make sense, heh.

7. ardchoille50, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015

ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

I just tried that, not bad.

I wonder if it would help if we all were to submit feedback to Apple:
    http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Edit: feedback submission complete :)

8. maricc macrumors regular

FYI you can also make it that if you triple tap the home screen it will invert colours. Alternatively, you can triple tap to make the brightness go below the standard brightness levels using the ZOOM feature in accessibility..

9. got556 macrumors 6502

got556

I long for OLED or AMOLED screens on the iPhone so we can have notifications like the Moto X

10. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

i have this set for browsing at night in bed so i dont wake my wife. works like a charm. and i took a minute to fill out the apple feedback requesting night mode, i suggest eveyone does as well.

11. Dephibio macrumors regular

Everybody can see a sort of dark mode “preview” in an iTunes Store app under 'Films' section. Looks quite nice imo.

12. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Yeah, it's done pretty nice.