iOS 9 Getting hot

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by njharris97, Jun 12, 2015.

1. njharris97 macrumors member

Hi guys,

I've installed iOS 9 beta 1 on my iPhone 6 and my iPad mini 2. iPad mini is running fine, but the iPhone is getting really hot and experiencing fast battery drain. I have restored the iPhone twice.

Has anyone else had this issue, as I would have expected to see it on google by now, if this is more of a universal problem.

In fact my iPhone has gone down 7% in the time I have written this post, and it is starting to heat up quite quickly.

Any ideas?

2. Merkie macrumors 68020

It's a beta. There's all kind of diagnostics software running in the background, and there also seems to be a bug that doesn't allow the device to go to idle state.

Resolution: get rid of the beta or wait until the next beta which hopefully will be better

3. adcx64 macrumors 65816

adcx64

Yes, it happens to most iPhones. My 6 is currently burning a hole through my pocket. I keep it on battery saver mode to stop the drains. It's a beta, these things are to be expected.

4. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

I have an idea. Stop using beta's expecting it to be perfect. It's mainly for developers. If it was for the public they would have just started with the public beta, which is coming later.

5. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

That seems very strange - you should report to Apple ASAP.

6. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Yes my iPad Air 2 gets extremely hot. I actually thing it's dangerous. Someone could legit set their house on fire after using this for a few hours.

7. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Settings > General > Search > uncheck all the options there. iOS is most likely indexing those items. I have them all turned off because of the battery impact. Will likely re-enable in Beta 2 to see if it's any better.

8. batting1000 macrumors 604

Turned that stuff off several times and it didn't do anything. I have a feeling the battery issue isn't related to it.

9. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Whatever the case is I end up leaving the office with 25% battery compared to 55% while on iOS 8. The Apple watch battery seems to have stabilized since I wiped and re-paired.

10. wepiii macrumors 6502

The only way to fix the drain is to disable cellular data. Something is messed up with it in this beta. If you turn it off, you can literally feel the temperature of the back of the phone begin to drop within seconds. Of course, not having cellular data sucks, but not too bad if you can get on wifi.

11. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

my phone is getting hot too. battery is absolute **** too. just par for the course, its dp1

12. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

13. Solver macrumors 6502a

My iOS 9 beta 1 updated device does not get hot at all and still has great battery life. It is an iPod Touch 5, which has an A5 CPU and because of that, does not run Apple's new Proactive search.

14. wepiii macrumors 6502

15. Swampbaby985 macrumors member

Swampbaby985

I've been using my phone just as I normally would on iOS 8.4.1 and since installing iOS 9 I've noticed that my battery life has taken a hit, it drains faster than before. I've also noticed that my iPhone gets unpleasantly hot. So much so that I have to take it out of my pocket because of it becoming uncomfortably hot.

iPhone 6 +