Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

16Paws

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 2, 2014
I updated my iPhone 6 Plus and took a few pictures, now they are stuck in uploading.

- I have tried rebooting
- taking another photo (maybe it would rattle something)
- going in and out of air plane mode (again to rattle something)
- on and off of wifi

I am trying to avoid the nuclear options of restoring, or signing in and out of iCloud (since I would rather not have to reload Apple Pay, and have it redownload ALL of the photos on the device) if I do not have to.

Do you all think it is just massive load on Apple's Servers? Or have any other ideas? Anyone else experiencing this?

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
I updated my iPhone 6 Plus and took a few pictures, now they are stuck in uploading.

- I have tried rebooting
- taking another photo (maybe it would rattle something)
- going in and out of air plane mode (again to rattle something)
- on and off of wifi

I am trying to avoid the nuclear options of restoring, or signing in and out of iCloud (since I would rather not have to reload Apple Pay, and have it redownload ALL of the photos on the device) if I do not have to.

Do you all think it is just massive load on Apple's Servers? Or have any other ideas? Anyone else experiencing this?
It took me 6 days to get the cross loading accomplished. Seemed to proceed in fits and starts. But eventually iCloud and all my devices equalized with the photo sharing. Know when I take a picture it goes up and out in a minute.

One thing I did note was that when looking at iCloud photos on my Mac, there were about 10 pictures that must have had some corruption. They were wallpaper downloads, but just those few. Other wallpapers were fine. They seemed to cause a problem till I deleted them.

16Paws

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 2, 2014
It took me 6 days to get the cross loading accomplished. Seemed to proceed in fits and starts. But eventually iCloud and all my devices equalized with the photo sharing. Know when I take a picture it goes up and out in a minute.

One thing I did note was that when looking at iCloud photos on my Mac, there were about 10 pictures that must have had some corruption. They were wallpaper downloads, but just those few. Other wallpapers were fine. They seemed to cause a problem till I deleted them.
Interesting. Thanks for the update. I ended up with a handful of photos that I really needed backed up (went out of town) so I just went ahead and signed out of iCloud and signed back in. It took about 25 min to get everything back to the way it needed to be but in the end photos synced back to how they used to and the problem was gone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.