iOS 9 issues on iPad Air 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Trespanthers, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Trespanthers macrumors newbie

Trespanthers

I've seen many people saying how awesome iOS 9 is in the Air 2, so I'm wondering if my issues are the software update or the iPad itself.

Just bought the Air 2 on Thursday and updated to iOS 9 on Saturday. Since then I have been having a range of issues. I actually had to go to Apple on Sunday to get them to restore the iPad for me after everything I tried failed. When I explained my issue, the person helping me said they are seeing a consistent flow of people coming in with issues related to the update. How true that statement is, I don't know. But as soon as I mentioned my problem began after iOS 9, she finished my sentence as to why I was there.

Here are some of the problems I'm having:

Slow to non existent website loading. The little circle just spins and spins.

Disconnects from wifi, have to reset network settings to get it to reconnect.

Slow or failure to load apps. Same with photos on web pages or in comment threads.

Links I could click before updating, no longer open when clicked. Same with photos that say click to enlarge.

Constant pop up messages that it can't get my email or I need to enter my password.

I have AT&T UVerse, and have no issues with my other devices. I have the same problems on other wifi networks as well.

I haven't seen anyone else claiming so many issues, so that's why I'm curious if it could be the iPad itself.

2. CaptMarvel macrumors 6502a

CaptMarvel

Maybe a unit swap? Did anything she do help with your issues or are they still present?

3. Trespanthers thread starter macrumors newbie

Trespanthers

The only thing that she did that helped, was restore the iPad so I could use it. The issues persist. I just tested my dads Air 2 which was purchased the same day and NOT updated. It's still running iOS 8.4.1, he doesn't have the problems I'm seeing. We tested two particular websites for clickable links/photos and his opened with no problems. Mine will not open.

I'm still inside the 14 day return window, can I just take the device in and request an exchange? It should come with iOS 8.4.1, which I won't be updating!

4. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I've had absolutely no issues at all on my Air 2 (and neither have my wife and daughter) - it's been perfect.
    I suspect you may have a faulty unit to have so many issues

5. Trespanthers thread starter macrumors newbie

Trespanthers

Thank you, that's what I was wondering. I'll be going tomorrow to get it exchanged. Should I expect any hassles? I've never need to return or exchange an Apple product!

6. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I've only ever had 2 issues with all my Apple stuff - a 3G for a cracked back and a 4S which was DOA. Both were swapped out without question

7. Trespanthers thread starter macrumors newbie

Trespanthers

Awesome, thank you!

8. CaptMarvel macrumors 6502a

CaptMarvel

Take advantage of the exchange period. Sounds like the unit itself rather than iOS 9. Give it a go on a new device and see if you experience the same issues.

9. Trespanthers thread starter macrumors newbie

Trespanthers

Will do, thanks so much!

10. Trespanthers thread starter macrumors newbie

Trespanthers

UPDATE: went in to Apple today and got a new device. Man, it's awesome! The other one went crazy while there and the tech was stunned to see it in action. No questions asked, a fast, easy exchange!

11. CaptMarvel macrumors 6502a

CaptMarvel

Glad you got it worked out and are enjoying it!

12. iArch macrumors regular

iArch

Great to hear!

13. Mystro macrumors 6502

Mystro

Just purchased two iPad air 2. First thing I did was to install iOS 9 on both of them. Then did a complete restore from iCloud. Both are running great with no issues.

If I were you I would do a complete factory reset then restore from either iCloud or your computer where ever you have your iPad backed up at. Start over

14. Left4DeadBoy macrumors regular

Left4DeadBoy

Youre awesome! You got the problem solved

15. Trespanthers thread starter macrumors newbie

Trespanthers

It's already been dealt with, the device was faulty and it was exchanged. The complete factory reset had been done 2 times by me and once by Apple in store. It malfunctioned multiple times while in store today, so they were able to witness it themselves.

16. scupking macrumors 6502a

That's awesome you got it fixed by getting a new iPad! I was going to say iOS 9 fixed my wifi issues I have had since iOS 8.

17. MrGuder macrumors 68020

Great customer service, this is why I am a long time apple customer.

18. Kal-037 macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    I got a few jitters or cuts in the animations when I first installed it, but since then it has performed extremely well. I only hate how the update to the notes app deleted some of my notes. I think I will move them all onto a device then onto a hard-drive one of these days. iOS 9 has sucked terribly on my iPhone 6+ though. I can't wait for the 6s.

Kal.