iOS 9 Notes Eliminates Sync with Windows Outlook?!

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by golfgrouch, Sep 20, 2015.

1. golfgrouch, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015

golfgrouch macrumors member

I have multiple iOS devices syncing to my Windows 7 PC with iTunes version 12.3.0.44. I do not use iCloud notes.

I have noticed that after updating to iOS 9, there is no longer the ability to sync the iOS Notes app with MS Outlook 2013 in Windows. This is a problem for me since I have over 600 Outlook notes that I sync with my iOS devices. I use Outlook notes because some of my information is sensitive and it allows me to store it locally on my PC. It appears that iOS 9 Notes now only supports central storage in the cloud. Does anyone know of another iOS notes app that supports syncing with Outlook?

Before:

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. perkedel macrumors 6502a

perkedel

3. golfgrouch thread starter macrumors member

On my iPad Mini 2, I elected to upgrade to the new notes after the iOS 9 update. In that case, the line breaks of my notes were deleted and the sync with Outlook option in iTunes was eliminated.

On my iPhone 5, I elected to not upgrade to the new notes after the iOS 9 update. In that case, the line breaks of my notes were properly intact but the sync with Outlook option in iTunes was still eliminated.

I mention the line breaks because that is another issue and the original reason why I didn't upgrade to the new notes when I updated my second device to iOS9. I have tried to sync iOS9 notes with Outlook on both iOS devices multiple times to no avail.

4. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

It looks like it should be able to sync no?

Attached Files:

5. golfgrouch thread starter macrumors member

Can you please detail your configuration (OS, Outlook version, etc.)? Are you using a Microsoft Exchange email account with Outlook, an IMAP or POP connection to your mail service (or something else)? I don't see the same options that is shown in the image you posted. Thanks!

6. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Just normal stuff. Set up Outlook in Setting and have it sync to Mail and Notes. That's all.

Attached Files:

7. golfgrouch thread starter macrumors member

Is this syncing to Outlook.com? What version of Windows are you using on your PC? Thanks!

8. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Im using Mac. :D I just access it on web browser. I don't think I did anything special at all. I'm just surprised I saw this folder on Notes since upgrade. (And I didn't sync my iDevices through iTunes anymore.)

9. kwb macrumors newbie

i don't see the same detail that you see either. I want to sync my notes out of my outlook application onto my iphone. I don't get where you see that ability to synch, because I don't have it in iTunes.

I hope this works, because I REALLY need my notes on my phone.

10. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Guess Outlook support might be able to help. I'm just want to be clear that I saw this Outlook folder after upgrading to iOS 9 and "before" I even upgraded my notes to iCloud.

11. jeffgoulden macrumors newbie

I have the same experience. I synced notes from my Ipod Touch and my Iphone 5c to Outlook (2003) Notes on my Windows 7 computer. As soon as I upgraded the phone to IOS 9, the option to sync notes disappeared from iTunes. It seems like they did this by design. The IOS 9 notes app is a completely different app than IOS 8. I'm ticked this was done without any backward compatability.