iOS 9 Notification Center Bug?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by randomguyishere, Jan 26, 2016.

1. randomguyishere macrumors regular

Hi there MacRumors, I am having a problem where notes that are attached to a reminder appear in the Today and Tomorrow Summaries of my iPhone's Notification Center.

In the attached screenshot, the text starting with "additional areas for them to focus on" up to the weather summary is from a reminder that went off this morning. The reminder itself has different text; it is the 'note' portion of the reminder that appears in Notification Center. This has happened a few other times within the past two weeks (this is a brand new 6s that I bought in January and set up as a new iPhone).

Once I open the Reminders app and mark the reminder as complete, the text in Notification Center goes away.

Has anybody else experienced this issue? Any known fixes?

Thanks in advanced!

Attached Files:

2. bransoj macrumors 6502a

Do you have the Reminder Notification Centre widget enabled?

3. randomguyishere thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the widget is enabled.

4. bransoj macrumors 6502a

If you disable that widget do they disappear? I suspect its something to do with that widget but not 100% sure what.

5. randomguyishere thread starter macrumors regular

Nice. After I disabled the widget and restarted the phone, it seems to be okay.

6. randomguyishere thread starter macrumors regular

Never mind, removing the widget did not solve the issue... Any ideas, anyone??

7. randomguyishere thread starter macrumors regular

This reminders issue is really starting to annoy me. Can anybody help?

8. CruiseControl macrumors newbie

Can't really help too much but can confirm this happens to me as well - it must be a bug. I have found for me that if you actually tap the offending note from the notification centre it takes you into the reminders app but also remove the note from the notification centre (you don't have to mark it as complete). Temporarily at least. I've had a few show up randomly again but usually clears it for at least a few days.

A very annoying bug indeed. That plus the calendar widget only showing one upcoming event.