IOS 9 on Ipod Touch 6

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by maring2014, Sep 17, 2015.

1. maring2014 macrumors newbie

2. moderately macrumors 6502

moderately

People want to know!

I am also intrested in how it runs on the 5. I kept my iPod Touch 5 on iOS7 and it did fine running Numbers. Wondering if the efficiency of iOS9 extends to ram and cpu.

3. rjalda100 macrumors regular

Mine so far hasn't been much worse than iOS 8. A couple stutters here and there, but it's still really smooth.

4. three macrumors 6502a

three

Runs fantastic on the new (sixth generation) iPod touch. Zero issues, zero lag, it runs good!

5. Will820 macrumors newbie

6. Will820 macrumors newbie

I downloaded IOS 9 to my Ipod touch 5th gen and it runs pretty smooth. Sometimes, it slows a little, but overall it runs pretty good.

7. moderately macrumors 6502

moderately

Did you have iOS8 installed? Is it faster than that?

8. Yorkshire Lad macrumors member

Yorkshire Lad

Apart from issues I've mentioned elsewhere it works fine on my Touch 6. No obvious lag or stutters - which I'd expect, since I only bought it last month.

9. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

iOS 9 seems comparable to me as iOS 8 was in terms of responsiveness, lag, stuttering and what not for the iPod touch 5. Still very usable.

10. moderately macrumors 6502

moderately

So no great improvement over 8. My wife now has this iPod- emails, photos, music. She might do fine with this.

11. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

I updated both my 5 and my 6 from 8.4 to 9.

The Touch 5 seems *more* responsive and less stuttery. It doesn't have the swipe right to search, which I don't like anyway.

The touch 6 seems slightly *less* responsive and more stuttery. It does seem to have better battery life, however I suspect it has the same battery life but they fixed the battery icon which I think went down too quickly not reflecting actual battery drain.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the stupid swipe right to search screen? Is there a way to turn it off? I hate it.