Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

agwin27

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2014
For those installing the first public beta of iOS 9, post your experiences below (notable bugs, differences vs. developer betas, battery life, stability, etc). Please also list what device you are using the public beta on.

agwin27

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2014
How did they add the feedback assistant app with the builds having identical numbers?

seble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2010
How did they add the feedback assistant app with the builds having identical numbers?

Through the provisioning profile used to install the public beta. If you add the same provisioning profile to your beta 3 device you'll get the app installed to your device.

Reactions: agwin27

Dephibio

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2013
daft question no1.. if I wish to go to back to 8.4 do i just delete the profile ?

Put your device into Recovery Mode and restore from your iOS Backup.
  1. Turn off your device and leave it off.
  2. Plug in your device's USB cable to a computer with iTunes.
  3. Hold down the Home button on your device as you connect the USB cable. Keep holding down the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
  4. When your device shows the connect to iTunes screen, release the Home button. If you don't see this screen, try steps 1 through 3 again.
  5. When your device is connected, iTunes will open. You'll see a message saying that iTunes has detected an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in recovery mode.
  6. Select the “Restore” option and iTunes will erase your device, allowing you to restore from a previously saved backup once complete.
  7. Locate the backup you had set archived before installing the beta.
  8. Choose File > Devices > Restore from Backup. Choose your archived backup to restore

illyb2000

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
Put your device into Recovery Mode and restore from your iOS Backup.
  1. Turn off your device and leave it off.
  2. Plug in your device's USB cable to a computer with iTunes.
  3. Hold down the Home button on your device as you connect the USB cable. Keep holding down the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
  4. When your device shows the connect to iTunes screen, release the Home button. If you don't see this screen, try steps 1 through 3 again.
  5. When your device is connected, iTunes will open. You'll see a message saying that iTunes has detected an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in recovery mode.
  6. Select the “Restore” option and iTunes will erase your device, allowing you to restore from a previously saved backup once complete.
  7. Locate the backup you had set archived before installing the beta.
  8. Choose File > Devices > Restore from Backup. Choose your archived backup to restore
Cheers, I know this just wondered about the profile deletion. Thanks for taking the time to sharing though.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
Ok thanks so removing the profile doesn't really do anything ? Also I can't find the news app
Deleting the profile will make it act like the developer beta, the Feedback app will disappear and the next update will likely say beta 4 in Software Update when released instead of public beta 2.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Thanks.

However, I thought you could set low power mode to turn on automatically at 20%. I only have an open to enable or disable low power mode.

Yes. At 20%, you'll get a popup saying your battery is low with an option to turn it on from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.