Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
Instructions for installation (if the Apple Beta website isn't working for you):

1. Archive an iOS backup.
Please note that you are about to install beta software. Always back up your data and files before installing beta versions of iOS. We recommend that you do an iTunes backup and archive it before installing the iOS public beta.

2. Download Profile.

From your iOS device, go to beta.apple.com/profile to download the configuration profile. Your iOS device will prompt you to install it. Follow the onscreen instructions to allow installation.

3. Update your iOS device.

iOS devices running iOS 8.1.3 or later will automatically receive the latest public beta software over the air. Tap Settings > General > Software Update to install any available beta software.

Reactions: QuarterSwede

lionsy

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2010
People keep asking the same questions, so:

• With the device you want to install the public beta on, go to http://beta.apple.com and enroll in the beta if you've not already
  • Download the profile (still on the device you want to install the beta on) and it'll take you to settings and ask you to install it.
  • After installing the profile, the beta download will be available OTA.... sit back and wait

AngusW

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2013
Just finished the install going through the usual welcome stuff. Weird it's not picking up the WiFi anyone else seeing this? I know I had issues with it on Developer Beta 1 which is part of why I stopped using it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.